- s vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be. We're passionately committed to helping as many people as possible love later life.
- Assist the manager and assistant manager in providing a high quality of retail service in relation to agreed performance targets.
- Hold the shop in the shop manager/assistant manager’s absence, undertaking all appropriate duties to ensure the continued operation of the shop.
- Support, train and co-ordinate the work of volunteers in the shop as required by the shop manager, encouraging an active interest in the shop and the work of Age UK.
- Undertake any administrative and financial procedures as directed by the shop manager including accurately inputting required data into IT equipment within agreed timescales.
- Processing stock deliveries regularly requires carrying and moving heavy bags of stock.
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of the Shop Manager.
- Previous experience in a similar role. Charity/fashion sector experience a plus.
- Literate and numerate with good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to work additional days to cover holidays and sickness or participate in trading outside of normal shop hours e.g. shop events.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults who need care and support, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply for this job
For more information please download the Job Pack (PDF 370 KB) .