FUELS OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Dubai / Remote Site - TAX FREE Salary
Required: Fuels Operations Director to work for a renowned remote site service provider, in support of additional contract awards and operational expansion. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Fuels Operations Director for their Dubai operations.
Direct the fuels operations in Afghanistan on behalf of the Managing Director.
1.Manage the operational aspects of fuel provided under the terms and conditions of the NATO BOA to the satisfaction of Contract Holder; JFCB and MD. The NATO BOA is the provision of fuel to all Military Forces in the South and West Afghanistan which currently equates to the receipt, storage, delivery, distribution and quality control of 120 Million Litres of Fuel per month across strategic, operational and tactical bases and utilises 630 fuels staff, multiple suppliers and contractors. Revenue derived from this contract is US$1.7B per annum.
2.Manage the operational aspects of the DESC contracts (and other non NATO contracted customers) to the satisfaction of Contract Holder; DESC and MD. DESC contract is the provision of fuel to all Military Forces in North Afghanistan which currently equates to the receipt, storage, delivery, distribution and quality control of fuel across strategic and operational bases and utilises 110 fuels staff, multiple suppliers and contractors. Revenue derived from these contracts is US$500M per annum.
3.Advise the MD as part of the clients Leadership Team on operations and contribute to operational and strategic planning.
4.Manage, Lead, Develop and Direct the Key Staff who are responsible for operations at the clients facilities within Afghanistan. The standard of operation is measured in accordance with ISO 9001 2008, Joint Inspection Group and to the satisfaction of MD.
5.Ensure Quality of fuel is maintained IAW Clients Policy as set by Director of Quality Systems.
6.Manage, Lead, Develop and Direct the Key Staff who are responsible for maintenance and logistics functions within Afghanistan. The standard of operation is measured to the satisfaction of MD.
7.Promotion of the client to existing and future customers and facilitate new business, military and commercial, within Afghanistan and other areas of operations.
8.Develop and maintain strategic reserve of staff and resources in order to support new business development opportunities in other areas of operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Excellent leader, change manager, communicator and motivator.
- Operationally focused and results driven.
- Strategic thinker.
- Senior Customer relationship manager.
- Strong commercial awareness, and financial astuteness as well as strong negotiation skills.
- A sound knowledge of logistic operations, planning and management.
- Proficient in Fuel Quality knowledge
- Proven experience as a senior manager within a medium to large company having demonstrated a wide utility and commercial acumen.
- Experience as senior military officer or GM within oil and fuels industry.
Due to the level of interest we cannot always respond to submissions, but will endeavour to answer all enquiries.
- Educated to a tertiary level, preferably with a Masters Level qualification in Logistics, Business, or Management.
- Aviation Fuel handling qualification / chemical handling qualification or equivalent
Omega Resource Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Jobsite UK - 3 years ago