Main purpose of the role
The successful candidate will be a SAP Production Planning (PP) Consultant capable of designing, building, testing and providing post-implementation support of shopfloor production processes and therefore experienced in the implementation of Production Planning (PP) and Materials Management (MM) components of SAP’s ECC Business Application.
They will have demonstrable experience of completing at least three (with one in a team lead role) full lifecycle SAP Production Planning implementations ideally in complex production environments such as that found in the Aerospace sector. They will have a good understanding of integration not just with other SAP components, such as Finance, but also third party partner products such as those supporting PDM, Shopfloor Data Collection (SFDC) and Workforce Scheduling business processes.
Day to day activities include:
The required core skills include detailed knowledge of the SAP PP, MM and at least one of a relevant Industry Solutions, e.g. IS-DIMP. A good understanding of how these solutions can be deployed through SAP’s Enterprise Portal and integrate to other SAP Business Applications such as SRM and third party products through tools such as PI is also required.
- Analysis of legacy systems and business processes
- Leading requirements gathering, design and gap analysis workshops to identify the optimum SAP solution
- Leading the configuration of the SAP solution, including coordinating remote development
- Legacy system data migration to SAP
- Identification and resolution of integration issues
- Application and use of best practice Production systems and processes, including MRPII, Lean and Six Sigma
- Working effectively with client and consultancy teams, including influencing key business stakeholders and other team members
- Architecting and authoring Production Planning solution content in support of sales activities.
About Capgemini and Technology Services
- Demonstrable SAP Production Planning capability and lead implementation experience
- Experience in the deployment of SAP Production solutions in support of shopfloor operations in one or more of the following sectors – Aerospace, Industrial Machinery and Defence sectors
- Experience of integrating with third party Product Data Management solutions (such as PTC’s Windchill and Siemens’ TeamCenter), as well as other SAP components such as SRM, FI and HR
- Experience in SAP’s xMII solution for delivering SAP integration with SFDC solutions is highly desirable
- Minimum of three full SAP project life cycles with at least one in a Team Lead role
- Strong communications skills and ability to influence at all levels including team members working remotely
- Demonstrable contribution to SAP related business development activity, specifically writing and presenting proposals to prospective customers is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP’s Business Suite 7 and ECC Enhancements Packages and relevant SAP certification is desirable.
Capgemini - 12 months ago
Capgemini is a French global IT services company, one of the world's largest management consulting, outsourcing and professional services...