At New Look, our mission is to help people look good and feel great. When it comes to people who work for us, we want individuals to express themselves in an environment where change and new ideas are celebrated. This is because we truly believe every person who works here contributes to our future and where we go.
About The Job
As a Merchandise Admin Assistant on our Footwear team, you will provide effective administration support for the Merchandising team and assist with the planning and development of the department. You will also take responsibility for the delivery schedule, maintenance of department coding and support the Merchandiser through reporting, making suggestions to potentialise sales and manage risk where appropriate.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Allocator or Optimiser (min 6-9 months experience) who is looking to progress in a high turnover, fast-paced department.
Experience & Skills
- Intake Management: Day to day management of intake and relationship with supplier to ensure goods are delivered on time, QC issues are dealt with in a timely manner, slippage is communicated to all interested parties and compliance charges are followed through.
- PO maintenance: Responsible for weekly UDA management ensuring all company UDA’s / Dashboards are kept up to date and department profit blocks, MDO and Q coding is correct.
- Sizing: is able to use Ratio Pro and complete ratio on orders under guidance of AM, ensuring correct ratio is purchased to optimise sales, also able to make suggestions to Merchandiser
- Reporting: responsible for producing daily sales and feedback to team, reviewing sales figures and advising Merchandiser of appropriate actions, including repeat buying/increasing commitment, extending product further down the chain, increasing replenishment to best performing stores, also able to produce ad hoc reports to support Merchandiser and AM
- Distribution: Has responsibility for relationship with Optimiser, ensuring they are updated with delivery changes and manages distribution plan alongside Optimiser to potentialise sales and manage risk, reporting back to Merchandiser and Assistant Merchandiser.
- Minimum 6-9 months in an Optimiser, Allocator or similar MAA role (essential)
- The ability to accurately analyse numerical data
- Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to ask the correct questions and recommend solutions
- Commercially minded
- Strong numerical skills
- Work well within a team
- Retail experience, fast-fashion preferred
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Computer literate (MS Office, in particular Excel, and ideally Business Objects)
New Look is an equal opportunities employer
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 50% Staff Discount
- 20 days holiday
- Group Pension Scheme (Contribution Match)
New Look - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard