A long term opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highway Design Engineer to join a busy Highways team in the East Sussex area.
The successful candidate will work within the Infrastructure Design and Delivery Team to help develop, design and deliver a programme of local transport improvements including pedestrian crossings, speed limits, traffic calming, bus priority and junction improvements in accordance with the objectives of the Councils Local Transport Plan
The role of the Senior Highway Design Engineer in the team is to design and implement these schemes to the highest technical standard in accordance with current legislation, local policies and within agreed timescales and budgets.
The County Council has recently launched a new initiative to help local communities take forward transport improvements that are locally important. A key component of this role will be to work with these local communities to develop designs for these improvements. In view of this, the successful candidate will need to be an effective communicator being able to present technical information in a non technical way to a range of audiences.
Main tasks and accountabilities
To find out more about this role, please contact Blayne Cahill on 02392 704 309.
- Responsible for developing, project managing and implementing Highway Schemes to ensure the Council's Local Transport Plan, transport strategies, and Traffic & Safety policies are achieved.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that highway scheme designs are prepared in accordance with current legislation, best practice, council policies and to the highest technical standards and within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that schemes are prepared for assigned projects in accordance with current health and safety procedures and regulations. Manage Client and Designer roles and responsibilities as defined under the Construction (Design Management) Regulations 2007.
- Liaison with local elected members on design and construction issues within their wards and working in partnership with other key stakeholders and local communities .
- Represent the County Council at meetings with other bodies and provide technical expertise and input to briefings, reports and responses to correspondence, elected members, complaints and media enquiries. Attend committee meetings as required.
- Personally undertake budget and programme management for the design and construction of own projects, and those of other more junior members of staff
- Liaison with County Councils Highways Contractor on issues related to the construction of the scheme including the preparation of works information and resolution of issues on site during the construction works.
To apply for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Jobsite UK - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard