ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The European VAT Manager is a key business partner, working with stakeholders to ensure that the EA's VAT affairs across the group's European legal entities and business lines are managed effectively.
The key responsibilities of the European VAT Manager will focus on:
The successful European VAT Manager will have the following:
- Communicating with business partners & internal stakeholders on VAT matters
- Acting as first point of contact for any VAT questions externally and with internal partners including the provision of VAT advice across all business lines and products
- Assisting the business on pricing and other contractual/negotiation issues including working closely with sales teams to ensure the VAT is appropriately addressed and catered for in agreements and business transactions
- Managing the engagement of VAT advisors and ensuring that the EA receives the best possible value for its spend on professional advisors providing VAT advice
- Ensuring EA teams are up to date with current VAT developments including case law and practice
- Working closely with controllers and finance teams throughout Europe to provide compliance and strategic VAT advice as well as ensuring business is compliant with existing legislation and appropriately aligned with VAT/Indirect tax developments and practice
- Managing a team of VAT professionals
- Monitoring strategic VAT developments within Europe and globally. Identification and implementation of VAT mitigation strategies and possibilities to improve VAT recovery rates.
- Extensive VAT/Indirect tax experience from a compliance and consultative perspective
- Experience in the consumer products and interactive media entertainment market segments preferably within multinational organizations
- Excellent communication & influencing skills – This person must have the ability to communicate their views effectively throughout the organization to superiors, peers and staff.
- Commercially minded and engaged in the business; a proactive business partner.
- Change agent: creativity coupled with skill in implementing new ideas and process improvements in a complex organization.
- Personal qualities to effectively achieve desired results: professional presence, intelligence, self-confidence and ability to interact with senior management. Proven ability to establish and build relationships across an organization.
- Highly motivated individual with results oriented mentality.
- Fluent in English is required. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Electronic Arts - 2 years ago
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...