American Express is always keen to hear from exceptional candidates for talent pooling purposes and this role is a key area for our potential future needs.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services.
Working closely with the Technical Delivery Director for Premium Servicing, other Lead Technical Architects, Business Architects and also Portfolio Architects within the Integrator Team, you'll assist in providing strategic technical decision making across multiple projects supporting the GNICST business.
You will also be responsible for the day-to-day code quality and conceptual design for projects & applications owned by the Premium Servicing domain team, as well as leading technical dialogue between a number of applications operating across both agile and waterfall methodologies.
The role will be within a business facing team and the successful candidate will partner closely with the business, as well as tech teams, to define & develop solutions to support business priorities and IT Strategic plan.
This role would suit a candidate that is comfortable using a number of different technologies, appropriate to the task in hand who will flex their focus to ensure goals are met.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. Our organisation has held true to these beliefs for over 160 years. They’re a source of passion and immense pride. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express.
- Ability to adapt to new technology environment and quickly grasp diverse technology implementation. Technical breadth and ability to learn quickly is valued over depth and specialization
- Works with architecture experts to ensure solutions support the business capabilities and IT strategic plan
- Ensures quality in terms of the technical delivery and is accountable for the performance, efficiency, maintainability and stability of solutions
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards. Works with a diverse set of stakeholders to maximize buy-in and satisfaction
- Interacts with the business to understand associated business processes in conjunction with Business Analyst & Business Architect resources
- Provides people leadership and mentoring to less experienced colleagues, to nurture talent and support in challenging situations
- Works with Business Analysts to determine and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Ensures technical design/implementation documentation is completed to a high standard
- Provides/reviews estimates for design, build, test and implementation phases, ensuring quality and accuracy is continuously improved
- Advises Project Management on the best time to engage dependent teams
- Supports architectural design and documentation
- Provides hands-on technical expertise/governance on all aspects of implementation or third-party software integration Qualifications
Yes we will always be interested in where you came from, but we're even more excited about where you're going and want you to get there with us.
Skills / Experience required;
Following Technologies desired:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Appropriate Development Certification preferred (i.e. JCP, MCSE, etc.)
- Exposure to Travel & CRM Systems would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working on n-Tier web/distributed applications
- Proven ability to develop high quality software solutions
- SDLC work experience. Experience in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to work independently and to be a good team player
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills. Ability to think strategically as well as tactically where appropriate
- Experience leading development efforts and technical staff Mandatory Experience with the following Technologies:
- IBM Web Sphere Application Server
- Web & RestFUL Services
- Design patterns
- Integration technologies
- Open source frameworks Additional Experience with the
Currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. Technology positions will be temporally located from an American Express Brighton office therefore all applicants will be required to commit to the commute to Burgess Hill where the Technology positions will be ultimately based for their application to be progressed
- DB2/UDB, SQL Server, SQL, DDL, DML
- Windows admin
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or +44 (0)116 2421776
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...