Evans Cycles aspires to deliver a high level of customer service to all of our customers in order to develop and retain their loyalty to our brand. As a Sales Assistant you are expected to support Evans Cycles in this process through excellent customer service delivery and by maintaining the appearance and standards of the shop throughout the day.
• Ensure you are on the shop floor in order to begin your shift punctually, your shift does not finish until the shop floor is presentable and ready to being trading the following day.
• Wear the correct company uniform at all times as per the uniform policy. Your uniform must be presentable, wearing a name badge on the right hand side of an Evans shirt.
Sales and Customer Service
• Ensure that all customers are acknowledged when they enter the store and approach them once they make a “buying sign”.
• Identify the customer’s needs by asking open questions and share the relevant product knowledge by providing them with the product benefits.
• If appropriate provide the customer with the test ride facility or encourage them to demo the product.
• Close the sale and move the customer to the till point.
• Encourage the customer to buy relevant add-ons by cross selling additional products.
• Process the customer’s transaction using the correct till procedure – ensuring you capture customer post-code and e-mail.
• Deal with any customer complaints/grievances in a professional manner where the issue can be dealt with easily. Escalate any issues where appropriate to a more experienced member of staff at the earliest opportunity.
• Always serve customers with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Answer the telephone within 4 rings, with the standard Evans welcome.
• Maintain excellent standards of presentation and cleanliness throughout the store.
• Re-stock shelves and tidy throughout the day.
• Use current and relevant POS at all times.
• Merchandise products in line with standards and guidelines provided from head office, and directed by your Manager.
• Maintain high levels of cleanliness and organisation throughout the entire store including shop floor, back of house and staff areas.
• Maintain a high-level of security awareness at all times.
• Ensure all stock is tagged in line with company policy.
• All bikes should be double-locked at all times unless they are being sold or used for test ride purposes.
• Ensure the test ride policy is followed at all times.
• Only two people from groups deemed a security risk are allowed into the store at any one time.
Health and Safety
• The health and safety policy should be adhered to at all times.
• Fire safety policy should be adhered to all times.
• Identify gaps in your knowledge and skill-set, and develop as applicable.
• To develop your skill-set you are required to attend all training sessions that are planned for you.
• You may be asked to lead a training session or assist other staff members with their training plan.
• In order to maintain the smooth running of the store, a degree of flexibility is required in the role. You may be required to perform additional duties to those listed above or work unusual hours on occasion.
• Previous retail sales experience desirable.
• Knowledge or interest in the cycling industry.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills essential.
• Friendly, open and engaging.
• Confident with excellent eye-for-detail and can-do attitude.
• A keen interest in cycling is ideal for the role.
• Professional and presentable.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd August 2013
Evans Cycles - 7 months ago
Evans Cycles is a large British cycle retailer. The first shop, originally known as F.W. Evans Cycles, was located on Kennington Road in...