Join us and be part of a once in a generation change in financial services regulation.
We're changing how we operate and how we're structured now to ensure we are ready to meet the challenges ahead. To do this, we will be creating a new organisation which is radically different and will be focussed on getting a fair deal for the consumer.
The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is an independent non-governmental body, given statutory powers by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. In 2013, the Financial Services Authority will be succeeded by two new authorities, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
We are looking for an experienced Administrator to support one of the supervision teams based in London. This position will transition to the FCA, in its responsibility for regulation of conduct in retail and wholesale financial markets, and the infrastructure that supports those markets, the FCA will be an essential part of the new structure of UK regulation and will be vitally important to consumers, market participants and society.
What does this job involve ?
Provide full administrative support to the team and secretarial support to the manager as required.
- Administrative support to supervisors planning regular meetings as part of the Risk Assessment process
- Working co-operatively with other Administrators to provide general support to the department and PA/secretarial support for their Manager i.e. diary management, meeting arrangements, organising travel, filing, liaising with internal and external stakeholders etc.
- Responsibility for records management including maintaining a manual/electronic filing system Log incoming correspondence in line with records management procedures and ensure that service standards are met for responses
- Attending internal meetings, minute-taking and chasing up actions
- Preparing documents, reports and presentations
- Collating data and producing monthly management information reports
- Monitoring team management information and helping the Mangers and Associates resolve any exceptions. Inputting data for the Notes For Record spreadsheet and ensuring that the record is up to date
- Periodically covering for Administrators on other teams.
What skills are required ?
- Efficient organisational and administrative skills
- Proficiency in IT skills particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to look ahead, plan work and act on own initiative as well as being a team player
- Good organisational and time management skills; able to prioritise and manage workload
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Flexibility and a willingness to get things done
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines Good eye for detail
- Secretarial experience Proficiency in Power Point
What will I get from the role ?
- Opportunity to work in a strong team environment
- Full commitment to training and personal development Interaction with a range of internal and external contacts
- Gain knowledge of the FSA (and in due course the FCA), its purpose and objectives and our approach to firm supervision
- Strong performers will have the chance to build their supervisory knowledge, including by providing support to teams on Arrow visits and in our thematic work.
Additional Website Text
This permanent role will be based in London
The salary range for this role will be £20,500 - £31,250
Vacancy Closes - 5th March 2013
In order to apply for this position you will need to answer the following question: Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role? Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the ESSENTIAL criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowledge and capabilities. (no more than 300 words)
Financial Conduct Authority - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The FCA provides general guidance on completing RMAR Section J in the GABRIEL section of its website.