Job Title: Field Person
Reports to: Agronomy Manager
Location: Home Based
Overall Purpose of Role
To support and ensure optimal performance of the regional grower base, resulting in the right potato quality and volumes at the right time and price.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Building effective relationships with growers and grower groups, providing technical and commercial support and proactively managing the grower base.
· Selecting suitable contract growers, agreeing procurement contracts with growers and ensuring growers are aware of all contractual obligations and compliances.
· Ensuring that potato seed is ordered using appropriate processes and systems, providing support to growers, undertaking quality inspections and managing complaints.
· Providing agronomic support to growers to optimize potato crop production, yields and quality.
· Delivering crop intelligence information, including supplying data for relevant reports and ensuring crop sampling to determine potato quality.
· Analysing crop and grower performance data to identify areas fo improvement and developing continuous improvement plans.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Working with farmers in a commercially orientated role or directly involved in farming
· Customer relations management experience
· Experience of bespoke agriculture computer systems
· Knowledge of agriculture and potato crop production
· Tertiary agriculture qualification in agriculture or similar discipline (or equivalent)
· BASIS and FACTS qualification (or ability to quality within 12 months)
· Proven track record demonstrating a commercial orientation
· Account management skills
· Relationship skills
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office
· Data analysis capability
Behaviours / Competencies
Displays Drive and Purpose: Demonstrates focus, energy and persistence to achieve objectives despite obstacles. Is assertive.
Wins with Customers and Consumers: Develops networks and partnerships across the value chain and is committed to satisfying customer needs and consumer requirements
Builds and Maintains Relationships: Connects with and influences others to create and maintain relationships built on mutual respect, understanding and trust.
Makes Smart Decisions: Uses intuition, rational thinking and sound judgement in analysing and resolving issues. Is organised and structured and can demonstrate a commercial awareness.
Sets the Pace: Senses and exploits growth and improvement opportunities and exhibits a sense of urgency and personal ownership. Self propelling, independent and self-confident.
McCain - 21 months ago