Specific Role Challenges
The main challenge of this role is to ensure the swift and correct sortation of material whilst ensuring that there is compliance with scanning procedures.
To adhere to all company policies & procedures
To adhere to all legal obligations (working time directive, drivers hours, health & safety regulations)
Plan and prepare vehicle load to ensure on time departure
Perform any other reasonable duties as required.
Customer / Stakeholder
To follow Network & Local Procedures to minimise delays for Customer shipments.
Skills / Qualifications:
- To capture 100% checkpoint records by using a handheld scanner.
- To fine sort material to postcode level
- To assist in the loading / unloading of vehicles
- Unloading of Handling Units on to main feed belt
- Loading of Handling Units to required guidelines
- Operations of a Forklift (if trained to the required standard)
- Repack damaged shipments
- Preparation of paperwork if required
- General Housekeeping duties
- Although no formal qualifications are required all applicants must have a full grasp of both written and spoken English to allow for them to pass Level 4 security
- Team Working, Communication Skills, Achievement Drive, Planning & Organising
- Manage day to day workload and seek support when required
- Must be at least 18 years old
DHL - 2 years ago
DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specialising in providing innovative and customized...