Aero Engine Controls (AEC) is a joint venture between Rolls-Royce and Goodrich Corporation to provide full authority digital electronic control systems for Rolls-Royce aero gas turbine engines. There are offices on three sites in the United Kingdom. AEC provides electronics, embedded software, fuel pumps, fuel metering valves, and fuel driven actuators to Rolls-Royce. Greater than 95% of AEC business is with Rolls-Royce.
A Manujfacturing Engineers is required to provide technical Mechanical and or Electrical support to either a manufacturing department or to aid the New Product Introduction process and your main responsibilities will be:
Qualifications and experience
- To ensure that production processes remain capable (quality, quantity, safety & cost) by maintaining systems and processes for example maintain BOM's, Process routings, correlate CFM (Component Failure Mode) data, FMEA's Control Plans etc.
- Implement Engineering and Manufacturing changes (ECR/ MCR in area of responsibility) and update/ change relevant supporting documentation
- Improve process performance through engineering improvements & continuous improvement (lean) activities
- Provide engineering technical (troubleshooting) assistance to manufacturing and quality personnel. To lead, when required, problem resolution activities i.e. create and complete/ support PPS (Practical Problem Solving)
- Coordinate specific projects within the manufacturing area (i.e. facilities/ equipment moves)
- Participate or Control and coordinate all additional manufacturing engineering related activities within area of responsibility i.e. CRO (Customer Return Order), CRB (Component Review Board) etc.
- Oversee RFR (Request for repair) activities
- Carry out risk assessments
- Support the New product Introduction process as required
- Actively pursue new processing & technology methods to improve and ease the manufacturing process
- Any other activities as deemed required by the line manager
Candidates will be Time Served engineering apprentice or structured engineering experience/ Engineering HND or Degree with significant related training completed.
Or Engineer with OND/ HNC & min 3 years experience who is willing and able to complete a company sponsored Engineering Degree course.
All of the above are ideal but not essential.
In return, we offer excellent development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organisation.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits our ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Aero Engine Controls are an equal opportunities employer.
Rolls-Royce - 2 years ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...