Airbus UK are recruiting for a number of Stress Engineers to work within our Wing and Pylon Centre of excellence in Filton (Bristol) and Broughton (Chester). We have a range of vacancies working on different programmes such as the A350, A400M and A320.
The role will involve carrying out stressing calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks, ranging from new product development, modification to existing aircraft to manufacturing concessions against the aircraft design requirements, using standard hand and computer methods.
The work will involve liaising with Fatigue & Damage Tolerance, Design and other appropriate Airbus departments in Filton, Broughton and other transnational partners, such as Bremen and Toulouse, to come up with optimum design solutions for the customer .
As the successful candidate your principle activities will include:-
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:-
- Interrogating drawing systems.
- Raising and co-ordination of relevant documentation.
- Supporting on-going local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods and process improvements.
- Providing a platform for the continued and future development of the Stress Team.
- Liaising with specialists to ensure fatigue and damage tolerance requirements are met.
- Liaising with other functions and project to ensure stress requirements are fully integrated.
- Assisting in the structural design process to help ensure optimised design quality.
- Reporting critical technical issues up through functional management.
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent qualification in aerospace or relevant engineering discipline.
- An understanding of the fundamental method of analysis for static stressing and an ability to develop these methods using computer programmes and analytical methods.
- Knowledge of stress analysis of aircraft structures working as an aircraft stress engineer and have been involved in the analysis of composite and metallic structures is highly desirable.
- The ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise accordingly.
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Telegraph UK - 11 months ago
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) (http://www.eads.net) headquartered at Ottobrunn in the near of Munich, Germany is the...