We have a great opportunity for an experienced catering manager who has the passion to succeed and offer excellent customer service within the educational sector. The ideal candidate will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world managing the main restaurant within the University of Sussex. We are seeking someone how has worked within a very busy environment and can work well under pressure. Preferably someone who has worked within contract catering and even better within the educational sector. If this sounds like you, apply today! Chartwells , part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Unit Manager to be responsible for all aspects of managing the high level of delivery and expectations in this unit. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service. You will be required to work closely with other unit managers and areas.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- City and Guilds 706/3 / NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation / Hospitality degree or equivalent, this would be to your advantage
- Managerial experience in similar environment
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Very hands on and be able to work well under pressure
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Experience managing up to 20 staff
- Financial and commercial acumen
- A 'Can do' attitude
£26000 - £28000 plus company benefits, free car parking, opportunity to join pension scheme,
Since its founding in 1952, Compassion has touched the lives of more than 1.6 million children and has been recognized for its financial...