Senior mechanical engineer with a record of providing solutions to clients needs using technical excellence who draw from knowledge and experience to visualise a concept, present the design, sum up the challenges and propose a way through to a viable solution and final design. Able to bring the best out of a project team by demonstrating credibility, developing ideas and challenging ideas of colleagues to achieve the clients brief. Experienced in working with standards, good people skills, able to sell a solution and is commercially aware.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide innovative engineering solutions to meet the client specifications, legislation, codes and standards.
- Lead design reviews internally and with clients.
- Ensuring that the technical detail is produced to a high standard..
- Preparation of technical documentation to demonstrate conformance to the requirements.
- Design 'sign off' including checking technical documents and drawings.
- Delivery on time and to budget.
- Support and inspire colleagues on technical mechanical engineering issues.
- Work to and promote the use of procedures.
- Contribute to tendering by providing cost and time scale estimates.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Chartered Engineer (or working toward), membership of an appropriate engineering institution
- An in-depth understanding of the principals of engineering and able to demonstrate technical expertise.
- An understanding of finite element analysis and capability of interpreting results.
- Proven technical report, specification and calculation writing skills.
- Able to read and check engineering drawings.
- Experience of railway vehicle acceptance procedures in the UK.
- Experience of providing innovative engineering solutions to problems based on your own experiences.
- Experience of translating client specifications, legislation, codes and standards into solutions.
- Experience in rail vehicle design and engineering including one or more of the following specialisms; structures, gauging, ride, braking and wheel sets.
- Good people skills to ensure smooth working within a collaborative team environment.
- Experience of developing engineering talent and developing engineers to progress within an organisation and able to inspire others within the team.
- An understanding of project finance including estimating, tendering, contract value, delivery etc.
- Experience of working to deadlines to complete tasks whilst ensuring a high quality.
- An skilled user of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, etc.
Lloyds Register - 11 months ago
The Lloyd's Register Group is an independent risk management organisation. The Group provides services to help clients achieve their busines...