What is expected of you as a Finance Administrator?
This is a role that is central to the lives of the people we support and their friends and family, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability. You will need strong administration skills and be a competent user of all Microsoft Office applications. Experience within finance is essential as the role will involve sales ledger, invoicing and payroll input.
Your responsibilities will include
Working closely with the manager in maintaining the administration and financial activities of the home.
Why join Barchester as a Finance Administrator?
- Financial administration including petty cash, payroll and invoicing
- Maintain resident and staff files accurately and confidentially
- Train and support the receptionist and Administration Assistant
- Collate, report and monitor data such as resident occupancy, aged debt and staffing
As market leaders we place the people we support first - and our staff are the best. You will benefit from a wealth of experience and as a company that places a great emphasis on investing in its people, you will have the opportunity for both personal and professional development. Barchester has its own Learning and Development Academy, giving you the freedom to develop professionally and create your own career pathway - it's just a case of high do you want to climb?
What we offer:
Nationally recognised qualifications such as Apprenticeships and NVQs in many aspects of our service from care and hospitality to administration. These are programmes of learning at work, giving you the opportunity to develop new skills while earning at the same time.
What skills do I need to join?
- Generous leave allowance
- NVQs company funded
- Voluntary Benefit Scheme including: Retail Discount Vouchers, Child Care vouchers, Discounted Holiday / Leisure vouchers and much more
- Employee help line to support staff in times of need
We don't ask for any formal qualifications, however an AAT or equivalent is an advantage. Previous experience within an accounting environment is essential, along with:
Just as important are your abilities to communicate with people and a naturally caring nature, working within healthcare gives you the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of others. It really is a fantastic feeling, helping the people we support to celebrate life to the full, it could be just what you're looking for.
- Experience in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of reviewing expenditure against budgets and controlling purchasing.
- Competent user of Microsoft office applications
- Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills
- The ability to work well within a team and on your own initiative
Barchester Healthcare - 11 months ago
Barchester Healthcare was founded by Mike Parsons in 1993 with our very first home, Moreton Hill in Gloucestershire. Today, the Barchester g...