Our Homewares department houses all you need for the perfectly luxurious home! We are looking for our next Retail Manager to inspire and influence our team.
As a Retail Manager within this team you will be responsible for delivering sales strategy, the running of the shop floor, surpassing sales and service targets and other key performance indicators (KPI’s). A key part of the role is to develop your sales professionals to ensure consistent sales and service focus, whilst maintaining exceptional operational standards.
You must have management experience as well as a fantastic track record, however drive and passion are crucial.
Sales & Service:
Leadership, Training, Employee Development:
- Implement the business unit’s sales and service strategies.
- Ensure all Sales Professionals fully understand and deliver sales and service standards.
- Set stretching but achievable goals for all Sales Professionals.
- Own and monitor the department’s sales and service results and deliver appropriate action to maximise performance.
- Drive sales at every opportunity and ensure every sale is maximised through link selling.
- Instil a culture of exceptional customer service, constantly pushing the boundaries to enhance sales and service performance.
- Promote and monitor quality service within your department through guest shopper reports and training.
- Empower all employees to do everything necessary to satisfy the customer within given parameters.
- Create a culture of exceptional customer service at all times in all situations.
- Investigate unacceptable Guest Shopper results and take appropriate action.
- Celebrate 100% Guest Shopper results and congratulate the relevant Sales Professional.
- Provide outstanding leadership for the team, setting clear direction and providing regular feedback.
- Ensure that only the highest calibre of Sales Professionals are recruited into the department so that all members of the team deliver the competencies required of the role, project the right image and can deliver Harrods high level of customer service.
- Ensure that each Sales Professional has objectives, a development plan, and an annual performance review. Follow up monthly.
- Support new starters during their probation to complete their PDF and pass their onboarding assessment.
- Utilise the Company’s reward structures and employee recognition schemes to encourage and recognise outstanding performance.
- Communicate the sales and service targets and results and ensure all direct reports understand their role in delivering them.
- Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to develop Sales Professionals with potential.
- Actively coach the sales team to maximise sales and service opportunities and develop them to reach the next level.
- Ensure that Sales Professionals are appropriately trained in order for him or her to carry out their role effectively.
- Create a positive work environment that results in turnover and sickness and absence reduction.
- Plan and manage staff rotas, overtime and holidays ensuring that the department is effectively resourced and that areas with poor cover are identified, and action taken.
- Ensure that sales goals are met or exceeded by scheduling permanent and temporary staff to work in relation to trading patterns.
- Manage sickness absence to ensure department targets are met.
- Use the appropriate tools to analyse sales, review and take corrective action where necessary.
- Monitor competitor activity and react accordingly.
- Feedback to the Business Manager merchandise issues, customer comments and employee opinion.
- Comply with Store instructions specific to inventory control, timeliness of reporting receipt of goods, inventory transfers and other related inventory matters.
- Protect stock through promoting awareness of loss prevention and through compliance with Store policies and procedure.
- Ensure damaged and defective goods are processed in a timely, accurately manner.
- Implement annual, bi-annual stock takes as required.
- Communicate all retail standards and ensure that all within the department understand these standards and deliver against them.
- Ensure seamless delivery of sale set up and set down.
- Understand and properly execute all systems, POS procedures, and departmental operating procedures.
- Ensure that employees meet dress code standards at all times.
- Build strong working relationships with distribution, visual merchandising and HR.
The job holder must be able to work late nights and weekends.
Harrods Ltd. - 30+ days ago
Harrods is now the only major department store in the UK which sells fur, following decisions by rivals Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Liber...