To lead and manage the curriculum area in line with college policies, frameworks and operational plans and strategic aims.
Key Success Criteria
• High or improving learner outcomes (attendance; success rates; high grades, value-added and progression)
• Development and implementation of a planned programme of work experience and/or enterprise activity as appropriate.
• Planned class size targets met or exceeded
• Maximised staff utilisation through effective time-tabling and management of staff absence
• Outstanding or Good and improving teaching and learning (observation profile, learner survey, teacher feedback, high grades and valued-added, VLE and e-learning development)
• Development of new courses for future delivery
• Timely and comprehensive completion of cross-college quality improvement, professional development, planning and financial processes (e.g. SAR, teacher feedback, staff appraisal, teacher development groups, time-tables, curriculum plans, budget returns)
• High levels of staff satisfaction
• To manage all aspects of the learner journey in the area including recruitment, delivery, support, retention achievement and progression
• To ensure staff engagement with the college’s Quality Assurance and Improvement and professional development frameworks
• To lead and manage staff so that they work with each other to provide the highest possible quality of provision and outcomes for their learners
• To resource plan “next year’s” curriculum and develop new provision for “year after”
• To lead the area so as to create and/or sustain a culture of continuous improvement
• To ensure effective and efficient use of area resources including the deployment of staff
• To develop and lead the business plan for the curriculum area
• To prepare and manage the budget for the curriculum area
• To continually seek opportunities to increase cost efficiency
• To be aware of, comply with and promote Safeguarding policies and practices at all times.
• To promote Equality & Diversity within teaching and learning
• To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times, in order to protect your own safety and the safety of others
Please mention you found this opportunity on BrightonAndHoveJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with BrightonAndHoveJobs.com
- 22 months ago - save job
About City College Brighton and Hove: Founded over 100 years ago, City College Brighton and Hove has become an international centre of...