Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman’s three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM. Please visit our website at www.talisman-energy.com .
Job Title: Exploration Geologist
Req ID: 11441
Location : Aberdeen
Employment Type: Contract / Staff
Closing Date: Ongoing
Talisman UK operates more fields in the UKCS than any other E&P company and to date has invested £11.5B in the UKCS. We are embarking on a new Joint Venture in the North Sea, with investment for a portfolio of high impact projects and Talismans future in the North Sea as a leading independent operator. The UK Exploration department is a focused element of the UK business, integral to creating and maximizing value within and around our producing hubs. A strategic review of this business has set a clear strategy for exploring within the UKCS Central Graben to capitalize on our strong infrastructure position, maximize the chance for commercial discoveries. We have a proven track record of this leading to potential new Greenfield developments around our Montrose-Arbroath facilities. We are now seeking high caliber geologists to be part of this focused and energetic team, responsible for the future of Talismans UK business.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
- Senior technical member with a broad geoscience knowledge base to be part of focused team with the remit to renew and mature the exploration portfolio.
- From basin and play analysis generate ideas and leads and mature these to prospect level for investment consideration
- Identify data, technology and conceptual models that will enable new ideas and challenge existing views in mature areas.
- Contribute high quality geological input into held exploration licence opportunities and ongoing appraisal projects.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- License Round and Farm-In activity
- Contribute and participate in internal peer review and management presentations, and if necessary as Talisman's technical representative to partners and government.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- A degree in geoscience is required, post graduate education or on the job experience would be an asset.
- The candidate should have a broad geoscience knowledge base and good working knowledge relating to petroleum systems, sedimentology and structural styles.
- Risk analysis and reserve estimation (deterministic and probabilistic).
- Selected candidates will display exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and an eagerness to be a contributing member of a highly effective team of professionals.
- The position is ideally suited to a candidate who is a motivated, high-energy individual capable of working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Talisman Energy - 2 years ago