To ensure that all areas of the hotel are maintained and presented in accordance with Marriott Brand Standards and enhance the environment associated with the hotel. Ensure that the needs of our members, guests, associates and investors are met .
To take on general maintenance duties when necessary.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to start early and work in all weathers
- Good team player
- Painting and Decoration skills essential
- General ‘handyman skills would be desirable
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position
- To work as directed on appropriate section and directed by the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer
- To work in a safe manner as laid out by company and health and safety guidelines.
- Promotion of a professional and customer focused image to the guests, members and associates.
- Ensure the delivery of all decoration at the standard expected by members and guests, leading to improved G.S.S scores.
- Providing regular feedback regarding public area, bedroom and department presentation.
- To create, maintain, develop and control effective working relationships, through two-way communication, with all of the Engineering team members, to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- To aid the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer in the control of the department’s expenditure, by maintaining the security and condition of the stock and equipment, to aid the achievement of budget targets and business plan objectives.
- To communicate thoroughly with the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer in relation to the direction of decoration projects to ensure that all work and development plans are coordinated to meet the demands of the business, and will cause the minimum possible disruption to the guests and members.
- To assist in assessing, costing and planning areas to be decorated
- To work closely with the other supervisors, sharing best practice and observational information.
- To respond to requests of the General Manager/Operations Director, were necessary.
- To assist in Engineering duties based within the hotel if required.
- To assume any other duties either specifically Engineering related or other hotel function’s if so required and within competence.
Marriott - 3 years ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...