Hays Specialist Recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Senior Project Manager to work for The Pensions Regulator which is based in Brighton, East Sussex.
The job is responsible for the successful delivery of high value, high profile, high/medium risk projects, within agreed timescales and budget which satisfy the customer’s requirements and support business transformation at The Pensions Regulator. Projects will focus around the accommodation strategy and other environment streams of work.
THIS VACANCY IS A PART-TIME, 3 DAYS PER WEEK FIXED TERM CONTRACT OF 1 YEAR FROM START DATE OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
The Pensions Regulator is the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes. Their principal aim is to prevent problems from developing. Using their powers flexibly, reasonably and appropriately, with the aim of putting things right and keeping schemes on the right track for the long term.
The responsibilities of the jobholder will be to:
· lead the planning and implementation of HR and Environment projects including the work to ensure successful management of the changes projects produce
· identify project context, define project objectives and success criteria, manage project risks and issues and produce realistic project plans with appropriate controls
· define project tasks and resource requirements and manage project budget where applicable
· plan and schedule project timelines and track project deliverables using appropriate tools while providing direction and support to the project team and quality assurance
· constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders, presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
· Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
The essential skills which must be demonstrated by all candidates wishing to be considered for the job are:
· project manager, with a number of years experience of managing a range of significant delivery projects in both private and public sector.
· designing and implementing programme and project strategies,frameworks and tools and performance management principles and tools and understanding of budgeting principles
· trained to PRINCE 2 practitioner level or equivalent and able to adopt a pragmatic approach to the use of PRINCE 2
· experience of producing and communicating high quality written reports and management information as well as excellent stakeholder management and communications skills, including experience of liaising with senior internal managers up to Director and Board level, to identify business needs, communicate strategic aims and manage expectations
· proficient at setting up and managing projects with full accountability for successful delivery
· development of public sector project business cases critical thinking and problem solving skills and, leadership, Influencing and negotiation skills
The salary and benefits of offer for the successful candidate is as follows:
As well as a salary of £43,306 (which is the pro-rata of the full job salary £72,176)
· Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
· discretionary bonus arrangements
· generous annual leave provision
· flexible working arrangements
· development opportunities
· enhanced parental leave arrangements
· a free employee assistance programme
· an excellent office location next to Brighton railway station
Hays - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
Leading global specialist recruitment group Hays is the market leader in the UK and Australia, placing professional candidates into...