Electromechanical Instrumentation Manufacture
Job Title: Design & Development Engineer
Reports to: Design Manager
Overall Objective of Role
Working without close supervision, to plan and achieve on time and within budget all aspects of electromechanical instrument design projects, from concept to realisation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To learn rapidly about the Companys existing product range, design and production capabilities and technical formats; together with gaining an appreciation of the adopted product development philosophy and details of current design and development projects which are in progress.
2. Working alone or as a member of a small design team, to liaise closely with production colleagues, sub-contract personnel and product end-users to achieve at the outset of each project a clear appreciation of the required product specification and performance outcomes, together with any related time, costs or operational constraints.
3. Applying analytical and problem-solving skills, to identify achievable solutions and to then design instruments that will meet the defined product specification and be fit for the intended purpose.
4. Utilising a wide range of engineering knowledge and skills, to configure electrical circuitry and mechanical engineering designs, using SolidWorks and AutoCAD ® packages, to assist with the development of such components as mechanical movement and detection devices, mass flow controllers, thermocouples, solenoids and pressure transducers.
5. Have understanding of PLC interface modules.
6. To ensure that full records of all work which has been undertaken are always maintained accurately and up-to-date so that any work methods and designs may be replicated at any future date.
7. To develop prototype, trial and pre-production instruments and to assist production colleagues with their successful transition into final product version manufacturing and assembly stages.
8. To recognise your responsibility for health and safety at work; to take care of colleagues and visitors and to assist in keeping work areas clean, tidy and workmanlike.
9. To carry out any related task, responsibility or assignment upon request from the Design Manager or the Managing Director.
Performance Measured By
1. Ability to complete agreed projects on time and within budget.
2. Ability to design instrumentation products and components which meet defined product specification and operational requirements.
3. The ability to analyse problems, problem solve and achieve practical solutions.
4. Level of competence exhibited when using SolidWorks and AutoCAD ® design packages.
5. The ability to maintain work records that are accurate, complete and kept up-to-date detailing work methods and outcomes.
6. The quality of relationships built with Design Team and Production Department colleagues.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Negotiable up to £40,000 per annum
2. Share Incentive Plan
After twelve months service has been completed, employees are eligible to join a contributory Group share purchase scheme.
3. Hours of Work
39 hours per week. A flex-time scheme operates with core hours of 9 am - noon and 2 pm-4 pm.
The holiday year starts 1st November. Entitlement in a full year is 6.2 weeks made up of 23 days annual holiday plus 8 UK statutory holidays.
5. Sickness Absence
At the Companys discretion, salary is maintained during periods of sickness absence.
6. Pension Scheme
Contributory scheme with employee and employer each contributing up to 5% of gross salary.
7. Life Assurance
Lump sum of 4x annual salary paid to dependents in the event of death in service.
8. Period of Notice
One month either way. Initial probationary period of six months.
Bulldog Engineering Recruitment and Management Services - 7 months ago