Our Client is currently seeking a Control, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer to join them at their Head Office in Wolverhampton. They specialise in the design, manufacture, assembly, test, installation and commissioning of bespoke solutions for the nuclear decommissioning, defence, and nuclear new build markets.
- Responsible to the CE&I Lead Engineer for the delivery of the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation work packages of high integrity and complex control systems to Customer and Industry Specifications, to within budget and programme constraints.
- Produce CE&I designs to customer specification and project requirements. Main deliverables being: Control Panel designs - General Arrangements, Detail drawings, Schematics Diagrams, Interlock Diagrams for typically PLC & HMI hardware, Motor Starters & Drives, Safety Circuits, Instrumentation and Power Distribution.
- Specification of hardware and production of parts list.
- Manufacturing specification.
- Ensure company policy and procedures are being applied across the projects.
- Manage the interface between CE&I and the Mechanical function.
- Communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers to meet their expectations while meeting the project budget and programme constraints.
- Support the Lead Engineer in the delivery of scope to budget and programme.
- Support the Lead Engineer in the management and supervision of sub-contractors.
- Provide technical expertise to tenders as and when required.
- Provide input to the development of the CE&I function and resource.
Other Skills Required:
- The candidate must have a broad knowledge of the designing complex systems in machine control applications and plant wide automation where specific experience in the Nuclear Industry would be an advantage. Must be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing control systems from concept design through to final design, installation and commissioning.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills with excellent analytical, design and problem solving skills and be committed to maintaining high quality standards.
- Must have a sound knowledge of and be experienced in the application of the latest relevant IEC standards and statuary legislation.
The salary for this position shall be £26 - £34k depending upon skills and experience.
- Proficient in the use of PC's - MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in the use of CAD - AutoCAD 2004 and Promis-e.
- Knowledge of Safety Standard IEC 61508 would be an advantage.
To apply please send your CV today.
Purple Squirrel Limited is acting as an Employment Agency with regard to this vacancy.
(note we aim to respond to all applicants however if you haven't been contacted within two weeks please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.)
JustEngineers.net - 10 months ago
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, Purple Squirrel Enterprises (PSE) is a reliable leader in the areas of Technical, Executive and College...