An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trading Underwriter, based in the Legal Indemnities team in Norwich.
The department is responsible for looking after Solicitors and Licensed Converyancers around the whole of the Country dealing with Commercial and large development cases loads.
Reporting to the Trading Team Manager this role combines a real technical focus with the added responsibility of trading face to face and over the telephone on New Business cases.
In addition to being an Underwriting expert the role holder will play a significant part in developing and delivering the underwriting strategy for the team.
You will negotiate with Clients on the most complex cases and win business using the complete range of tools available, including creating innovative solutions to customer needs . You will be a role model to other traders, embracing all the skills and behaviours of a trader with additional leadership skills including coaching and mentoring.
This role is extremely varied and interesting, and will provide a real challenge to the successful candidate.
You will be required to hit the ground running, so it is essential that you have the required skills and experience to settle in quickly and make the role your own.
Ensure profitable results are achieved for the unit by applying underwriting philosophy and strategies
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- To act as a guardian of Aviva underwriting integrity
- Provide technical underwriting excellence for designated unit
- Act as senior point of referral for underwriting issues out with the authority of unit personnel or where guidance / support are required
- Negotiate complex risks
- Maintain underwriting standards including participating in underwriting audits (with own units and for other units) as a whole
- Plan and implement local underwriting strategy in line with overall regional philosophy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a local business plan
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with the key influencers within key clients.
- Develop a network with the RUM’s / Trading Units /UPP and counterparts in other locations.
Skills & Knowledge:
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Full working knowledge of GI products
- Market Awareness and presence would be essential
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years Legal Indemnity market exposure
- In-depth technical and product knowledge and understanding of product underwriting strategy
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Trading skills and behaviours
- Broad business perspective and acumen
- PC Literate
- Interpersonal skills
Aviva - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard