Brandwatch is building something special. We have already created the best Social Media Monitoring platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We’re actually on a mission. A mission to bring together the things we do well - engineering, design and understanding customer needs with the huge tech-tonic shifts in the world towards being more online and more open. We are going to create new products that we see as new forms of intelligence to help our current customers and future users be smarter, quicker and more productive. Better. More awesome.
We have achieved a first level of scale, with more than 200 staff and 1,000 customers but we want to do more. Not just more customers and more money blah blah blah…...we are building something that makes us feel proud. An organisation that shines out from anyone’s resume. You know the kind of thing we’re talking about.
We want to do this because you only get a few chances to make a big difference and we all recognise that this is one of them.
Brandwatch is an inside-out company. We don’t make bold claims and big puffy statements that we can’t back up. We prefer to under-promise and over-deliver - it feels better. We make sure that we believe and believe in everything we say and do. As we do this, we also want to build a movement that other people want to join. There are several aspects to our approach:
About our Chief of Staff
- we treat each other as we ourselves would like to be treated. This is THE and OUR golden rule
- we listen to and learn from others, but in the end we decide how to do things based on what we believe will be best for our team and our customers
- we support each other - actively and structurally as well as by osmosis and by just caring
- we. care. about. everything
- we have fun. But the work comes first. we actually want to blur the boundaries between the two
- we all want to develop. Many people move on (up) to different roles within a year of joining
- and we don’t believe that creativity or culture is a department
Now we are looking for someone special to take a really important and exciting NEW role - our Chief of Staff. These are the areas of responsibility:
- Culture - point person for ongoing definition and development of company culture. working. with. everyone.
- Recruitment - manage a distributed team of crack recruitment staff to find and capture the most talented, disciplined, interesting, creative, ambitious, hard-working people we can find
- People - help define then manage all the current and future staff wellbeing initiatives. Brandwatch is and needs to continue to be an amazing place for its employees to spend a large portion of their life. This is clearly related to the culture and the quality of the people we bring in so there’s synergeeeee in all you will be doing.
- Processes - we need to have enough of them to make the company efficient, but not too many so we become mindless bored zombies. You will decide where this balance sits in the area of "HR". You will also lead the mission to ban the letters H and R being used next to each other.
Nice to haves
- Be someone who loves questions
- Be someone who is more aware than nearly everyone else
- Have been around the block at least 5 ¾ times and importantly have learned many lessons along the way
- Be obsessive about continuous improvement
- Be someone who can turn down their analytical side and find creative space
- Be able to engage and convince with words. Both written and spoken
Location: Brighton, but you will need to travel as we have 5 offices and this is likely to increase
- Experience in cultural development and/or coaching and/or marketing
- You have worked in a technology company
- An understanding of US legal principles
Reports to : CEO
Reports: Global People Operations and Recruitment Teams
Salary : up to £80k for an evolved uber-performer
Other: Performance-based share options, 25 days holiday, private medical
reed.co.uk - 8 months ago