The purpose of the Field Based Risk Manager is to act as the key Risk point of contact for assigned portfolio of dealers who have Wholesale funding. This will primarily comprise Credit Watch and Top Exposure dealers from across all manufacturer relationships and the Core book, with the main purpose being to manage these dealers to protect the assets of SCUK (including the Hyundai Capital Joint Venture) and take timely and appropriate remedial or recovery action to ensure minimal losses are incurred.
The role will also provide Risk support for Business Development and new business initiatives.
Ideally based in the South of England.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Manages a portfolio of Credit Watch dealers, across several manufacturer and Core relationships, within a defined region.
• Undertakes detailed assessment of the risk of these dealers and reports back to management the issues and recommendations for remedial action.
• Is able to negotiate security arrangements and additional collateral to protect SCUK’s assets.
• Acts as main point of contact with legal advisors / solicitors during client workouts (including administrations, insolvency and bankruptcy).
• Sets up processes for regular formal and informal client feedback across the team on the suitability and / or progress of initiatives.
• Provide Risk support to Commercial / Sales team for larger Wholesale funding deals where dealer visits are required.
• Produce detailed credit submissions in support of new business opportunities.
•Produce detailed analysis of financial statements and draw meaningful conclusions in support of Business Development.
• Focuses on transaction completion and proactively looks to offer alternative suggestions for problem resolution.
• To analyse, appraise, evaluate, and decision, (or recommend for Senior Management) requests for Business Banking credit facilities. This will involve Risk Based Pricing.
• Assessment of higher value credit applications involving analysis of Relationship Managers’ submissions and supporting paperwork, financial statements, using the Accounts Analysis Spreadsheet including cashflow statements to make an assessment of the applicant’s ability to service and repay the credit requested.
• Consideration of any security to be taken, to include specification of valuation requirements, conditions for the offer based on the lending proposal and valuer’s recommendation.
• To communicate with the Relationship Managers in a professional manner enabling and developing a mutually beneficial relationship between Sales and Risk.
• To act with a commercial stance within the lending role and to be seen to take a positive, proactive approach by re-engineering applications in order to make marginal deals more acceptable to the Risk appetite.
• To consider the profitability of existing business and retention of that business where appropriate.
• Maintains appropriate risk assessment tools, matrices or database.
• Identifies options and formulates recommendations to balance risk and reward ratios.
• Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks.
• Updates awareness of risk and compliance issues, ensuring regular communication with the team and business experts.
Summary of Key Competencies
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following: -
• Field Based Role so must have ability to work from home.
• First class organisational skills with ability to manage own workload within an agreed set of deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels and via multiple media.
• Detailed understanding of financial statements (audited and management) and ability to interpret financial statements.
• Detailed understanding of the various types of Security instruments available in the UK.
• Good knowledge of UK Bankruptcy/insolvency legislation
• Previous experience in a Risk based role and demonstrable ability to understand the various risks associated with any deal.
• Knowledge of SCUK Lending Policy and Procedure and understanding and awareness of the market in which SCUK operates.
• Extensive technical / operational experience
• Knowledge and experience of applying business process improvement and performance measurement techniques.
• Extensive customer facing experience
• Proven communication and advanced negotiation skills with ability to influence at all levels.
• High-level initiative management methodologies and skills.
• Diagnostic and problem solving skills.
• Experience of initiative management and methodologies.
• Good working knowledge of the financial services industry.
This is a high level job where the focus may be upon sensitive and confidential initiatives, relating to dealer failures, workouts and business development.
Qualifications/Accreditations/Professional Membership & Level
Other Requirements of the Role
• Risk/Financial background necessary
• Formal qualifications preferred
• Full driving licence
• Ideally based in the South of England
Santander - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard