One of the worlds most high profile Developer / Publishers of Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs) has its European HQ in the UK and also has offices around the world.
The company is now making a key hire to its community team by looking to recruit a Community Manager who would play a central role in the company's latest major release by working with players, the English-speaking community and interacting with the development team itself.
The Community Manager would be responsible for interacting with the greater community focused around their assigned game, using an in-depth understanding of games, gamers and online communities. The Community Manager works to keep players and the community engaged and enthusiastic.
In-depth experience of online MMO gaming communities as a player / blogger, community manager or marketeer is key and the ability to demonstrate experience in dealing with online communities are key success factors in this job.
Responsibilities will include:
To be considered youll need:
- Creating content for assigned game websites in the form of promotional text, instructional / help text, background information and any other text as required
- Assisting in scheduling content for game, with Content Editor and other departments
- Moderating forums created for assigned game
- Answering customer queries via website PMs and email
- Maintaining contacts with established fansites to keep them active and informed
- Gathering specific and general feedback from community
- Liaising and giving community feedback to the development team
This is an exciting opportunity which would suit a native German speaker with several years experience in games with a passion for online RPGs
- In-depth knowledge of games, particularly MMORPGs
- Knowledge of internet and computing technologies
- Native English language
- Additional European language preferred, especially a Scandinavian language, but not a requirement.
- Several years experience within games, ideally in a similar role at a Publisher / Developer, or as a player / blogger, community manager or marketeer.
- You must be an active, committed and passionate MMO player.
This job is being handled exclusively by Day One Search and no other agency is managing the recruitment process for this position.
Therefore, if you feel you are a good fit for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Your application will be treated as confidential. Your details will not be forwarded to any company without your full permission and only after a detailed consultation with you.
up to £25k basic plus benefits
Games Industry Jobs - 4 years ago