Residential Management Surveyor
24,000 – £28,000
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join a prominent landlord with property holdings throughout the UK and abroad. The successful candidate will assist senior management in the day-to-day running and maintenance of an extensive portfolio of both residential and commercial properties located throughout London.
Activities within the role shall include but not be limited to:
This is an interesting role working on behalf of one of the UK’s major private landlords with a property holding valued in excess of £4.5 billion. The position incorporates elements of both residential and commercial property management along with asset management and surveying.
- The management of an allotted portfolio in accordance with all relevant Landlord & Tenant legislation/regulations, and to assist in the overall financial and maintenance planning relating to those properties
- Regularly inspect properties, identify and analyse building defects and take appropriate action, including specification of simple repair works, and control economically the progress and completion of those works (liaising where necessary with in-house or external surveyors/engineers)
- Implement any health and safety recommendations and insurance risk improvements that may be necessary at the various properties, including the upkeep of the health and safety database
- Assist in the drafting of Section 20 Notices and overseeing any major works projects on the portfolio
- Raise work orders, check contractors’ work, charges and the validity of invoices and make appropriate recommendations
- To liaise with the Line Manager, or his deputy, where required, in respect of lease renewals and preparing service charge budgets
- To deal with all matters relating to directly employed staff (porterage, cleaning staff, etc.)
Previous experience within property/block management is essential with preference given to candidates with IRPM qualification.
Please apply online with your current CV if you are interested in this role.