Brandwatch is building something special. We have already created the best Social Media Monitoring platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We are looking for great people to help us build write the next chapter in Social.
We pride ourselves on our level and quality of technical support, and as we continue our expansion we are hiring a Junior Technical Support Engineer to join our existing Technical Support team in Brighton, UK.
The role would suit a recent graduate looking to break into the software industry, or an experienced support person looking to move into a more technical role.
Your duties will include:
What you need:
- Providing 2nd line technical support for the global customer support teams
- Triaging production issues and escalating them as necessary to development teams
- Maintaining and developing SQL reports, support scripts and tools to automate administration tasks
The following would be beneficial:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- A strong understanding of core programming concepts, ideally in Java
- Knowledge of web applications and how they work
- Friendliness under pressure
We are happy to train the right candidate so enthusiasm, attitude and willingness to learn quickly are just as important as current skills.
- Working knowledge of the linux command line
- Web programming experience, ideally in Java (or one of the JVM DSLs)
- Scripting experience, ideally Python or Bash
- First-line technical support, or customer service experience in general
We would expect a successful candidate to have a degree in computer science or a computing related subject, but will consider commercial experience in lieu of this.
Salary: £21k to £27k, dependent on experience
reed.co.uk - 30+ days ago