Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Cook to deliver a quality of food preparation and delivery to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness', from within our Kitchen. You will work under the direction of a Senior Cook and together with the Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Cook:
· Relevant Cooking / Food Qualifications, i.e. NVQ, Level 1, City & Guilds 706/1, BTEC, QCF;
· Assist the Senior Cook in cooking and planning a varied and nutritious diet within provided budgets, whilst taking into account nutritional and dietary needs;
· Deputise in all aspects of the duties of the Senior Cook in their absence;
· The ability to effectively communicate with care staff, service users and visitors;
· Maintain high standards of food hygiene and food safety to ensure all controls, recording and monitoring required by CHEFFS manual are carried out effectively;
Experience in a similar cook role is an advantage and you will be asked to verify your qualifications. With regular work patterns, and of course we do operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year so you will need to be flexible with you hours of work, as well as your attitude and approach.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people, including delivering personal care and support of an intimate nature, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and criminal record checks.
Shaw Healthcare - 30+ days ago