Date as postmark
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PERSONAL ASSISTANT
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position as a Personal Assistant. Please find enclosed the job description and application form. Please do n o t forget to give the reference number for the job you want to apply for.
The Independent Living Scheme is only passing this information on to you on behalf of the employer. If you are short-listed you will be contacted by our client.
If you do not hear from them within four weeks from the closing date you can presume the post has been filled. Unfortunately we are unable to write to those who have not been short-listed for interview.
Once you have completed the application form then please send it to : -
Independent Living Scheme
c/o The Avenue Children’s Centre
Thank you for applying for the job and Good Luck with your application!
Independent Living Scheme
Job Description Female Personal Assistant (GOQ ) UFIN01
The aim of the job is to provide assistance required by the employer, a disabled woman.
A Personal Assistant is emp loyed to help me live my life the way I choose. Getting the right assistance when I need it allows me to lead my life independently. A Personal Assistant will enable me to do this by listening to what I want and following my instructions. It is therefore vital that an employee has good communication and listening skills.
The job involves assisting me with a variety of tasks. Like most people, my day varies so it is difficult to list every task that is expected of a Personal Assistant.
After a period of familiarisation with the duties, you will be required to assist me with the following tasks, sometimes without close supervision. The post holder will therefore need to be able to work on their own initiative whilst at the same time be respectful of my wishes.
You do not have to be strong to do the job well but general good health is important.
The job requires providing assistance with the following:
TASKS AND DUTIES
· Assistance with getting in and out of bed
· Dressing and doing hair
· Assistance to get in and out of the shower, support with drying, and getting dressed.
· To assist in applying cream to feet.
· To put on splint and boots.
· C atheter care (training will be given)
· Assistance with stoma – emptying and changing - experience preferred
General household duties
· To include bed making, dusting and vacuuming, put out washing and do ironing.
· Clean the kitchen and bathroom
· Take rubbish out.
· To get breakfast out and to get tables out.
· Some meal preparation and cooking .
· To take prescription to GP, collect it, and take to Chemist and collect tablets etc.
· To take to GP appointments, hospital appointments at York District Leeds Infirmary and Chapel Allerton . (can take 3-4 hours)
· To take to hairdressers – The lady can drive the car there, but requires assistance to get in and out the shop.
· To go the supermarket– she can get into the car and drive there but needs someone to go round the supermarket, load the car and return home and put the shopping away.
· A car driver is required if the employer is unable to drive due to her health.
· Any other duties that may be required.
I am looking for a Personal Assistant who is friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour. They must be reliable, trustworthy and punctual. It is important that an employee is aware of and sensitive to my needs. As a Personal Assistant is required to work one-to one, it is important that the employer and employee maintain an open and honest relationship.
Hours – 2 PA’s required for an average of 11 hours each per week
F irst week Monday (1st PA) and Thursday (2 nd PA)- 8am – 6pm
Second week . Monday (1st PA) and Thursday (2 nd PA) 8am – 4.30 pm plus
Saturday(1 st or 2 nd PA) 8am -11.30 am and
Sunday (1 st or 2 nd PA) 8am – 11.30am
Flexiblity in times will be required at times to be able to support this lady to health appointments. E xtra hours will be required on other days to cover for holidays/sickness by mutual agreement.
Wages - £ 7 per hour (£8 weekends) plus 5.6 weeks holiday.
This position is exempt under The Equality Act 2010
* Genuine Occupational Qualification
Post applied for: Personal Assistant Ref: UFIN01
Please fill this form in with Black Pen / T ype . Please complete this application form accurately, giving as many details as possible of your skills and experience relating to this job application. Short listing will be based on the information gathered from the form, read in conjunction with the job description.
Full name :
Ad dress :
Mobile: Best time to ring?
Are you over 16? YES / NO
Do you have a full and current driving licence valid in the UK? YES / NO
Do you have the use of a car? YES / NO
Education/Training (please continue on a separate sheet if required)
Current / Previous Employment (please continue on a separate sheet if required)
Main Duties and Reason for Leaving
When would you be available for work?
Please tick which days and times you would be available
When would you be available to start work?
Sleepover work is usually from 11.00pm to 7.00am. If the job description says that some sleepover work is needed, please indicate w hich nights you could do.
Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
Personal Statement – experience, skills and general comments
NOTE: After reading the Job Description carefully, consider what skills and experience you have that are suited to this post. They need not have been gained in paid employment and may include special interests relevant to the post. If you need additional space please use a separate sheet.
Please name two people who can be contacted to provide references
e.g. former employer, college tutor, other professionals – not friends or relatives.
Relationship to you:
Relationship to you:
Tel. No .
· I understand that if I am appointed, this application form will become part of my personal file and that if I am not appointed it will be stored for 3 months and then destroyed in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
· To the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided on this form is true and accurate. I understand that if the information I have supplied is false or misleading in any way, it will automatically disqualify me from appointment or may render me liable to dismissal without notice.
FOR TAKING THE TIME TO FILL IN THIS FORM
Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch - 8 months ago