Sky IQ helps it's customers engage with their customers, better. We currently work with a select number of FTSE 100 companies, providing world class consumer insight and customer management solutions. We are familiar with the challenges organisations face as they look to better understand their customers and provide software and services that turn this understanding into action to improve marketing effectiveness and business performance.
Under the guidance of a forward-looking board of directors, this role sits within Technical Delivery, one of our six primary practice groups. As a Principal Developer, you will ensure that your team delivers quality products which meet or exceed our clients' business or strategic objectives with new and existing software offerings.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead an innovative team of Developers in St Albans. The successful candidate will have substantial experience of the full development life cycle with a strong design, analysis and development element. Core technical skills include .NET (2.0 & 3.5), Silverlight 3, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, WCF, Web Services, XML, HTML and programming against relational databases. Knowledge of VSTS 2010 and TFS 2010 would be an advantage.
The key responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Overall responsibility for quality of the team's deliverables
- Analysing requirements and leading solution design
- Managing the delivery of code in accordance on time with minimal defects
- Maintaining good skills in required technologies and methodologies
- Working closely with Solution Management to ensure deliveries to time and budget
- Overseeing the personal development of team members
- Leading by example and advancing the team's capability
- Liaising with the company's Product Manufacturing team to ensure a consistent technological approach
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with the entrepreneurial spirit, vision and drive to help shape the future direction of Sky IQ, part of the Sky team.
- Substantial experience as a lead Software Developer
- Core technical skills - .NET 2.0, 3.5 and above, Silverlight 3, ASP.NET , VB.NET, C#, WCF, Web Services, XML, HTML, programming against relational databases
- Design experience using a modelling language
- Experience in enterprise development from requirements stage through to delivery
- Commitment to producing high quality software
- Track record of working as a Developer in a CRM/Marketing solutions environment desirable
- Good team player who can forge and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong problem solving ability with proactive approach
- Good written skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels
- Self-motivating with energy and drive for continuous improvement and a focus on delivering results.
Our benefits package recognises the essential part you play in Sky's success. We offer free Sky+HD, broadband and talk services; private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlements, a contribution pension scheme, a Share scheme so you can have a stake in Sky and our success plus Sky Choices, a benefit scheme to help you make valuable tax & national insurance savings.
Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
Due to the fast paced nature of Sky's Businesses our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
Sky. Believe in Better.Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
British Sky Broadcasting - 3 years ago
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc is a British satellite broadcasting, broadband and telephone services company headquartered in London,...