Make your Name at Marston's
Head Chef & Line Chefs
Queen of Hearts, Wimborne Place
Daventry, NN11 0XY
This pub operates under our Heartland format. It is a quality local with high food turnover, delivering real value for money to local residents. It is family friendly with an emphasis on activities and events which place it at the heart of the surrounding community. This can include such things as local charity fundraising, weekly quizzes and catering to pub teams.
The Ideal Candidate
As an experienced and talented chef, with a flair for presentation and a stickler for quality, you'll know all there is to know about running a busy kitchen in similar high volume food led business. From online ordering and controlling stock, through portion and wastage control, to a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene, as well as managing and developing the team – your contribution will certainly count.
Marston's Inns & Taverns
With over 500 Inns and taverns, we are already one of the UK's leading retail pub companies, operating a varied managed house estate – but our story doesn't end here. As the country's largest builder of new pubs….there's still lots more to come. Our unrivalled development programme will see us open another 135 brand new food pubs over the next 5 years, whilst at the same time we are continuing to invest extensively in the upgrade of our community estate.
The Benefits & Rewards
As a Chef at Marston's, you will be able to take advantage of our brand new Chef Development Programme, which is designed to help every member of the kitchen team develop their skills.
- From kitchen entry level, right through to Head Chefs or anywhere in between – the programme can help develop your knowledge and skills at all levels.
- A blend of onsite training, practical kitchen sessions and self-learning.
- Areas covered include health, safety and food hygiene, preparation skills, essential cooking processes and procedures, communication and cook line skills.
- 3 Levels to the programme: Line Chef, 2nd Chef and Head Chef.
- High Street Reward Vouchers available upon completion.
At Marston's we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst
fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Head Chef who can add to our growing
reputation for serving top quality food & drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun & friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) & 50% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension & save as you earn schemes*
*After qualifying period
Barzone.co.uk - 10 months ago