As a Product & Process Improvement Engineer reporting you will join a manufacturing team responsible for leading improvement projects in manufacturing processes with the objective of reducing waste, quality losses, energy usage manufacturing costs, and increase efficiency, reliability and process safety.
In this role, you will be responsible for -
These positions are busy and varied and many of the Company's PPI's can boast an impressive track record of progression to more senior roles. Having the tenacity to succeed, demonstrating the affinity for leading others and rising quickly and responsibly to meet the challenges of the role, will frame an individuals future prospects towards leadership positions in the Company.
- Employing Lean principles and continuous improvement methodology, assess processes, equipment and manufacturing capability for efficiency, relevance and performance.
- Working with the operations team to design and develop solutions to eradicate problems, improve production characteristics and troubleshoot.
- Interpret data from the technical and operating Associates with the intention of developing systems to capture and review to implement solutions.
- Optimise the process for increased productivity, minimum energy consumption, maximum process efficiency and minimum total system cost.
- Conduct and model innovative process development experiments, process simulations and report results.
- Improve the quality of the product to sustainable levels and drive defects in raw materials, end products and all other inputs to zero.
- Assist in the selection, management and control of sub-contractors with designated projects.
- Work closely with other Process Engineers and plant associates to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of the plant.
Who we're looking for
Candidates will be educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline ideally in a Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing related subject. Ideally you will have experience of a fast moving manufacturing environment where you have successfully used problem solving techniques and have a keen understanding and proven ability to employ Lean methodology. You will be confident and articulate and have accomplished presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels. You will have a flair for leading a number of case studies on important projects both large and small across the plant, involving a hands-on interactive approach, generated enthusiasm and supporting others within the business. Ultimately, you will work well with minimal supervision and be capable of prioritising workloads and meeting deadlines.
About our client
Milliken is one of the largest privately held textile and chemical manufacturers in the world, with a significant number of locations based in the USA and Europe employing almost 8,000 people. Milliken is credited with a vast array of awards for excellence in safety, quality and environmental standards, including being within the Top 100 Companies to work for and one of the Worlds Top Ethical Companies. These positions are based within the advanced manufacturing facilities in the North West of England which have a reputation for offering an extensive portfolio of leading edge solutions to all sectors of the globe. The Company success in producing great products is founded in its principle of encouraging Associates to develop their natural creative excellence, leadership skills and taking responsibility for achieving solutions that benefit the business, the teams and the future.
What's on offer
c.£24,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
All direct and 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.
Michael Page International - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -