Join Santander and you’ll become a vital part of a business built on the outstanding service provided to our customers, as well as the award-winning products we offer. We’re one of the fastest growing banks in the UK and that is down to our people. And we recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
The Santander Group has more than 150 years’ experience in global banking and more branches worldwide than any other international bank. We are well on the way to repeating this success in the UK, having been recognised as one the “Top Employers in the UK” in 2012 by the Corporate Research Foundation (CRF) Institute.
About Santander Corporate & Commercial Banking
Here at Santander Corporate & Commercial Banking our goal is to be the most customer-focused banking partner in the UK. Our values are built on the principles of relationship management, to provide credibility and the consistent level of support and advice that our customers need.
We’re very much growth focused and we’re looking for people who’ll reflect this, thriving on the challenge of working for a growing business and being comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment. We’ll achieve all of this with the backing and support of one of the world’s most successful banking groups.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Corporate & Commercial Banking business team within Santander based in Reading. As a Relationship Manager you will support the Relationship Directors in developing new customer relationships by the marketing of the bank’s products to a portfolio of Commercial clients.
This will suit a candidate with excellent portfolio management skills and the ability to generate new and lasting relationships
As a Relationship Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Experience working within a Corporate Banking environment within a similar position.
• A good understanding of financial analysis, planning and modelling. Strong experience of the credit process is necessary.
• Proven relationship management ability, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Previous demonstrable experience of successfully creating and developing relationships with tangible results.
As a Relationship Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Managing the relationship with existing customers by providing excellent customer service and increasing the breadth of their relationship with Santander.
• Creation of new customer relationships by marketing the Bank's products and services including lending, current account, deposit, cash management and any other cross-selling opportunity that may arise
• Supporting the origination of new customer relationships for the core product set of lending, current account, deposit, cash management and any other cross-selling opportunity that may arise
• Assisting on the management of the existing portfolio of customer transactions, supporting customers and retaining business.
• Understanding the needs of customers and prospective customers in depth, and to work with them to find effective solutions to their business issues.
Santander - 9 months ago