Job Title: Catering Supervisor
Salary: £7.18 PH
Hours: 16 Sat & Sun
Additional Benefits Pension
For Application or call 01273842184
· Help each resident enjoy the highest possible quality of life, surrounded by love, friendship and support within a Christian environment
· Ensure the home deliver s excellent catering services.
· Provide Leadership to the Catering Staff.
Responsible to: Administration Manager
Responsible for: Catering Staff .
Main Relationships Internal
Catering and Care staff . Residents
Main Relationships External
Relatives and friends of residents. Catering suppliers.
1. Quality of Catering
1.1. Ensure all necessary preparation is carried out ready for service.
1.2. Ensure that hospitality and customer care standards are delivered consistently to all residents and colleagues.
1.3. Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of work and service areas.
2. Involving Residents in Catering Activities
2.1. Explore with Care Staff the potential to involve residents in Catering activities and deliver suitable activities in response to this.
2.2. Engage with residents to participate in catering activities.
3. Leading and Managing Staff
3.1. Lead the Catering Staff when you are on duty to support a quality service delegating tasks and supporting staff with their duties.
3.2. Organise the staffing rota.
3.3. Share in the safe selection, recruitment and retention of staff to develop a quality service
3.4. Take responsibility for the continuing professional development of yourself and staff you are responsible for by ensuring the implementation of the Salvation Army’s Learning and Development objectives for the Catering Staff within your team, including induction.
3.5. Induct, s upervise, appraise and support the catering team.
3.6. Where necessary, participate in investigations related to the disciplinary process where conduct, attitude or quality of work is inconsistent with the goals and objectives of the home.
3.7. Ensure that the policies and procedures for the conduct of staff are adhered to by implementing the Salvation Army’s HR Policies and Procedures.
4. Food Ordering delivery and Storage
4.1. Prepare regular orders of required goods for service.
4.2. Oversee the receipt of goods deliveries and storage within the kitchen area.
4.3. Monitor and che ck the quantities and storage of provisions within the kitchen area.
5. Food Preparation and Serving
5.1. Plan menu’s referring to resident’s dietary needs and preferences.
5.2. Review menu’s after consultation with residents.
5.3. Prepare, cook and present food to a high standard .
5.4. Plan, prepare and present food for special occasions and theme days.
5.5. Prepare foodstuffs, snacks and drinks as required.
5.6. Serve all meals, food and drinks at the specified times .
5.7. Serve food in resident’s or other rooms as required.
5.8. Operate any control systems as required by management completing necessary records.
5.9. Ensure daily knowledge of the food to be served together with the appropriate garnish and portion controls.
6. Presentation and Cleaning
6.1. Maintain the menu boards.
6.2. Ensure table condiments and sauces are presented to the required standard.
6.3. Ensure tables, chairs, trolleys and floors are kept clean and tidy at all times.
6.4. Wash up all equipment in the course of the day.
6.5. Collect and remove to the appropriate area all dirty crockery, cutlery, trays and any other light equipment
6.6. Clean all aspects of the kitchen area .
6.7. Ensure that all floor and wall surfaces are kept clean to the prescribed height .
6.8. Ensure that the store areas are kept clean and tidy .
6.9. Carry out deep clean of all accessible areas as specified by management .
6.10. Maintain competent food hygiene standards
7.1. Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and fire policy .
7.2. Report hazards to management .
7.3. Ensure regular checks of equipment and report any deficiencies.
7.4. Maintain appropriate records in accordance with Salvation Army Policy.
7.5. Participate in staff meetings.
7.6. Participate in Supervision and Appraisal.
7.7. Share in a flexible rota.
7.8. Develop your knowledge and practice.
7.9. Support the health and safety of yourself and residents, complying with relevant legislation and Salvation Army procedures.
7.10. Work positively as a member of the team ensuring effective and harmonious relationships are maintained with all members of staff.
7.11. Ensure that clothing, including footwear and headgear and personal hygiene is of the highest standard at all times
7.12. Undertake other duties as deemed necessary to ensure the smooth running of operations and fulfil The Salvation Army’s mission.
· Maintaining a high level of care even when a resident may not be able to express themselves and may be resistant to care practices.
· Remaining respectful when residents express distress reactions.
· Attempting to maintain a good level of service when there are occasional staff shortages.
· Maintain good communication with staff and residents from different cultures.
This is a description of the job as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of The Salvation Army to examine job descriptions, to periodically update them and ensure that they relate to the job being performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes.
In these circumstances, it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible, The Salvation Army reserves the right to make changes to this job description following consultation.
Must be able to demonstrate commitment to:
· Providing a resident focussed quality catering service .
· Maintaining a clean and hygienic food preparation and storage area .
A Christian faith
Experience of food preparation in a non domestic environment .
· Food preparation for Older People and those with special catering needs.
· Experience of leading a small team.
· Ability to lead and supervise a small team.
· Must be able to establish and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of people.
· Must have good people skills
· Must have sufficient numeracy and literacy skills to complete Records accurately and clearly.
· Ability to bake cakes and simple meals, including cooked breakfast.
· A good understanding of Health and safety issues including HACCP, COSHH and Manual Handling
· Good knowledge of catering systems and processes.
· An understanding of Food Hygiene
Emergency First Aid
· Level 2 qualification in Hospitality or equivalent.
· Food hygiene Level 3
· First Aid
Must be prepared to work flexibly in order to achieve the objectives of the role.
Cb Catering Supervisorv2 July 2013 1
Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch
- 15 months ago - save job
The Salvation Army is a Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that works in over...