A Global Investment Banking is seeking a qualified/part-qualified Accountant who has Business Analyst/BPR experience to drive the Business Process Re-Engineering initiatives within the Finance Department. The Business Analyst will form the primary bridge between Business Users and the Finance IT Technology team. You will possess in-depth knowledge of process change - particularly business process mapping/management (BPM) and business process re-engineering (BPR) and have accountancy background.
As the Business Analyst you will be aligned to the project objectives, with reporting lines and project milestones being a key objective. You will be working with cross functional teams, analysing business needs to accurately document requirements and functional design.
The candidate is expected to be hands-on as you will be required to do business analysis for the initial phase and potentially some project management once implementation starts.
The core responsibilities include:
1. Liaising with the client (Finance) to analyse and document the current business process model.
2. Conduct workshops, co-ordinate with stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into process maps, business requirement specification etc. for the technical team.
3. Developing requirements, building functional specifications and defining target architecture on which applications can be interfaced and built.
4. Develop and update progress reports, issues lists and ensure all project aspects are robustly tracked.
5. Familiarise the client with existing and/or new system functionality through production of documentation and/or training, undertaking gap analysis between current and future states.
6. Working with business to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
7. Successfully manage and deliver end-to-end improvements to key servicing and operational processes using Project Management and process improvement techniques (eg Lean).
Professional qualification like ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Experience of working as business analyst or working in business process re-engineering within the financial services industry.
Project Management certification like Prince2, APM (Preferred).
Strong analytical, presentation, business process engineering and project management skills.
Have a good understanding of IT Technology skills, specifically Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Excel and SQL.
A thorough understanding of Process Change, business process mapping and business process re-engineering.
Knowledge of FSI products including Trade Finance, Treasury, Loan Products etc. Project Management experience would be highly desirable