Project Co-ordinator UWESU Building Project, Part Time, Fixed Term
A Project Co-ordinator is sought to join the UWE Students' Union in Bristol at one of the country's popular higher education institutions. The purposes of the role is to contribute to the successful completion of the new building by assisting in the coordination of staff, resources, logistics and communication throughout the various stages of the project.
The plans for the new building are almost at the planning permission stage, building work should start this August and we should move into the new building in the summer of 2014. The building will contain student engagement areas, student radio, bars, performance venue, coffee shop, retail space and offices and will be over 3,000 square metres
Location: Frenchay, Bristol
Salary: £23,500 per annum, pro rata, based on 25 hours per week
Benefits: 30+ day's holiday, flexible working, Pension scheme, Death in Service & Permanent Health Insurance
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Fully understand the SU building project and its implementation
- To ensure clear flow of information between the users and the various contractors
- To organise any consultation with various stakeholders and collate the results into clear feedback
- To assist the project manager where possible
- To assist with communications about the project to students and various stakeholders
- To assist with the re-location once the building is complete
- To support the General Manager in respect of this project
The ideal Project Co-ordinator will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to liase and network with a range of people
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills, both web, written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- A high standard of education
- Ability to work on own initiative
You will be joining an independent, representative organisation that recognises that the staff are our most valuable asset. We value people who think for themselves, who seek responsibility and seize the opportunities offered by a challenging environment.
Hours can be flexible, either 3 day's a week or 4/5 days with reduced hours. The contract will probably run to the end of October 2014. Interviews will be held on the 11th April.
To apply please fill out an application form by visiting our website www .uwesu.org/workforus or click on recruiters application form.
Jobsite UK - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bristol Hockey Club was established in 1922, and merged with The University of the West of England Hockey Club in 2001 to become Bristol-UWE...