Performs release project management for Lastminute.com software releases. Ensure release schedules are maintained by coordinating the delivery of multiple project teams contributing to releases. Deliver releases on schedule, while ensuring operational and quality criteria are met. Coordinates and monitors the progress of several projects comprising a release. Coordinates build and release activities, schedules, and resources for planned releases and unplanned releases.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists in managing all lastminute.com releases, which may consist of multiple individual projects and patches sponsored by different business or technology owners.
Assists Release Package Owners with coordinating all system changes that are required for the release (infrastructure, database, content, external systems, etc.)
Able to work within a Release schedule, monitors progress, monitor and track completion of release deliverables.
Prepare Release communications in a timely and effective manner to the appropriate audience.
Effectively manages and logs risks and issues and escalates when necessary.
Able to work additional hours when required on an exception basis.
Must be comfortable leading meetings with a large number of people (up to 20), preparing an agenda, facilitating the discussion, timekeeping and taking minutes. Presenting to an audience at all levels.
Setting & managing expectations of Release Stakeholders across the Global organization.
Ability to grasp technical issues and communicate effectively to a technical audience.
Must understand QA practices and methodologies, test execution, test preparation and defect tracking.
Routinely called upon to make input into decision making process - balancing business needs, operational/technical risk, staff coverage, and quality.
Liaise with appropriate decision makers to facilitate decision making process.
Must be able to communicate openly and candidly, using fact-based statements (data).
Assist in managing delivery of pre agreed scope ensuring limited scope creep in order to minimize risk to release scheduling.
Recognize and assist in the resolution of conflicts and contentions within a release
Understand and manage the priorities and tolerances within any release and apply good judgment in deciding when release issues need to be escalated to the senior management team.
Ensure that the integrity and health of the numerous QA environments is maintained
Able to solicit appropriate information from business and release package owners to be able to make an educated decision on Emergency issues.
University Degree or equivalent.
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification (or higher)
- An industry recognized qualification is welcome, e.g. PMP.
Proven Project Management Experience. Some supervisory experience preferred;
Possess and demonstrates knowledge of release and project management principles, practices and procedures.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possess and demonstrates knowledge of release and project management principles, practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills, is a solid negotiator and facilitator
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite or equivalent.
- Proficient with a project scheduling software tool and bug tracking tools.
- Proficient with Sharepoint a plus
- Experience working on projects with geographically distributed teams and vendors.
- Experience with Agile techniques a plus.
- Experience in the online travel industry will be considered valuable.
- Familiar with different software development lifecycle models and experience of managing all phases of a project (analysis, design, implementation and acceptance).
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of different sizes.
- Must be a proactive and self motivated worker who is happy to be accountable for their actions and decisions.
Sabre - 2 years ago
Sabre powers one of the world’s largest industries – travel and tourism. Our systems work 24 hours a day, every day, processing...