Cummins in Darlington have created a position for a Team Leader, ideally from a manufacturing background. Managing a team of approximately 30 production operatives you will be accountable for your teams' delivery against key goals - throughput, safety, cost, quality and delivery. You will have leadership responsibility for daily team management, initiating and engaging the team in improvement activity and individual team member assessment and skill development.
As a team leader you will be required to:
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Manage, motivate and develop your allocated operations team. This includes assessing and developing each team member in order to optimise your teams' performance.
- Be accountable for your teams' delivery against key goals - safety, throughout, cost, quality and delivery. Your responsibility is to ensure shift targets are achieved in a safe environment. This includes communicating and actively engaging team members in achievement of goals.
- Make decisions regarding the allocation of manning in your area in order to meet targets.
- Assess team performance, identify and action development needs. This will include proactive skills development of individual team members.
- Be challenging and demanding of internal suppliers to your team - Hold other departments accountable for their supplier performance to your team - eg engineering, quality and manufacturing support activity that impacts your team.
- React to and actively chase up issues that impact your team's performance. Engage support from colleagues and other functions, implement back up processes as required to maintain process. Proactively engage the team in tangible improvement activity that delivers improved performance.
- Manage the team day to day - Includes delivery of company communications, holiday, sickness absence and performance management.
There is a strict closing date for online applications of 4th February via our website
- A proven track record in proactive team leadership and delivering results against targets is essential, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in order to respond to the changing production/customer demands.
- Experience of Six Sigma would be an advantage but not essential
ujob.co.uk - 4 years ago