Paxton is the UK designer and manufacturer of market leading IP access control and door entry systems, with 30 years’ experience. Based in Brighton, East Sussex, Paxton export to over 40 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a junior graphic designer to work within the busy marketing team, at our head office in Brighton. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing designs and ideas for a variety of marketing materials for a global market including printed literature, electronic direct mail, advertising campaigns, as well as internal campaigns and design for the company’s global websites.
Key skills and experience:
- Delivering graphic design projects to suit Paxton’s needs
- Demonstrating extreme attention to detail
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas for projects, products and sales campaigns
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief and meet time and budget constraints
- Multi-tasking on multiple projects - direct marketing, HTML newsletters, advertising, designing brochures and leaflets, working on product launches
- Using a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
- Updating artwork for existing literature, sales collateral, brochures and digital marketing
- Keeping up to date with developments from across the company and industry, particularly design programs
- Working well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, website designers and marketing specialists
- Be highly creative and imaginative, with excellent design and interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team and communicate positively
- Be able to work under pressure and stick to tight deadlines
- Have an eye for detail - excellent proofing skills are important
- Understanding of typography and font styles for different types of communication
- Experience at creating artwork ready for print
- Understanding of HTML and web design, including interactive design
- Knowledge of design programs including: (Essential) Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and (Desired) Flash, video editing software
- BA Hons degree or equivalent industry experience for 1+ years
- Qualification in Graphic Design desirable
Paxton Access is a leading manufacturer of electronic access control systems.
Established in 1985, we are based in East Sussex in the UK....