PwCs Consulting practice is focused on improving the business and financial performance of our clients. Our Technology practice supports the implementation of Back-office and Business Transformation projects that create efficiencies, improve controls, provide insight and strengthen the overall competitive position of our clients.
We help our clients in driving value from technologies such as SAP, and clients rely on our expertise to help them position, change, manage and source their technology services.
Transformation projects require the application of Project Management, Process and Technology skills, combined with the ability to consult.
The requirement is for a candidate with consulting experience; ideally with Big 4 or major SI or IT service provider; equivalent industry experience is acceptable.
About the role
The role is focused on Project Management and solution design for SAP engagements. Acting as client side advisor or business integrator, the role supports clients during all stages of an SAP implementation or project reviews, including system selections, (re-) implementations, upgrades and system landscape simplifications.
Our engagements are typically part of complex projects or programmes. The requisite skills for the role include the ability to assess SAP requirements, shape and deliver project/programme governance and plans, mobilise and manage mixed teams and delivery business benefits cases. The candidates must be able to lead significant programmes. Therefore strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work with both IT and the relevant business functions is key to the role.
Of equal importance is the capability to architect and design SAP solutions. Typically that would involve developing solution options and assessing them against fit for purpose and business benefits. This requires a good general understanding of the SAP architecture/modules and their internal and external integration points. It is likely that the candidate has good knowledge of the majority of core functional areas of Finance and Logistics, supported by knowledge of the wider product set and possibly some specialist areas. A thorough understanding of business processes such as purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash and record-to-report is essential. The candidates are also expected to demonstrate how they keep abreast of product developments and industry trends and how they would use that knowledge to deliver benefits to clients.
Knowledge of specific industry processes and SAP industry solutions is an advantage, in particular in the following sectors:
- Aerospace and Defence
- Technology and Telecomms
- Energy, Utilities and Mining
- Retail and Consumer
The role sits within the Enterprise Applications competency, a sub-competency of PwCs Technology practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing practice with an extensive client base.
· Opportunity for working from home? limited
· Amount of time client based 80%
· Opportunity for job sharing? No
· Need to travel/overnight stays away from home yes, project dependent
· Opportunity for flexible working (hours) yes
- Amount of time PwC office based 20%
As a specialist SAP Enterprise Applications Project Manager, your main focus will be to execute and manage Transformation work including:
· Deliver of SAP projects in accordance to agreed benefits case
· Develop and communicate appropriate SAP solutions to fit benefits case and Target Operating Models.
· Lead the design of the solution
· Oversight of end-to-end project activities delivered by resources from client, PwC and third parties
· Quality assurance of all project deliverables
· Management of Stakeholders within the Project and clients business
· Provision of best-fit SAP project delivery tools and methodologies
· Integration with other projects and programmes
The following Technical Skills are required for this role:
· At least 1 full lifecycle of recent SAP implementation, or a number of smaller SAP projects
· Understanding of SAP architecture
· Significant project management experience, and preferably recognised Project Management qualifications (e.g. Prince2)
· Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager
· Knowledge and experience in a number of SAP Project management disciplines, such as Test Management, Data Migration or Cutover Management
· Working knowledge of SAP cycle and ASAP methodology
· Knowledge and experience of end-to-end business processes,
· SAP Configuration, Development Tools or Technical platform would be advantageous
In addition, the following Consulting Skills are essential
· Ability to advise and interact with all levels of client management and staff;
· Excellent business analysis and design skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills;
· Ability to support the selling of IT consulting work;
- Proven ability to operate within complex projects and diverse teams
PwC - 20 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...