Purpose of placement
This placement will provide a valuable insight into the workings of a busy in-house fashion PR department. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in fashion, a can-do attitude and an organised and methodical approach. Above all we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is eager to learn in a fast paced environment.
The PR Intern will assist the team with the day-to-day running of the ASOS press office. Tasks will include:
- Press sample send outs and call backs
- Maintaining the press sample room
- Building and maintaining press databases
- Styling and maintaining the PR showroom Assisting on PR events
- Warehouse sample returns
- Reading newspapers and magazines and clipping and reporting PR to team
- Press clippings filing and scanning
- Assisting with Ireland PR activities
- Writing newsflashes for press
- Monitoring online coverage
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS.com, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
Some skills you will need
Education, Skills and Experience
- Holder of or studying towards a qualification in related field, or able to demonstrate a keen interest in PR, particularly fashion PR.
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience in fashion PR or fashion industry
- Knowledge of Office systems Word, Excel, Internet
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, press contacts and others at all levels
- A genuine love of fashion Keen interest in fashion, PR, marketing and e-retail Keen interest in the media across the spectrum and including new online media
- Hard working and self motivated Flexible
ASOS plc is an Internet Retail and Marketing Services Group, established in June 2000 and admitted to AIM in October 2001. Its principal...