Software Engineer (C, C++, C# or Java)
Software Engineer/ Software Developer/ Software Programmer
Salary – up to £45,000 plus attractive benefits (pension, family BUPA, childcare vouchers, eye care vouchers, flexible working conditions, etc)
Location - Cambridge
Citrix XenServer is the server virtualization product built on top of the Xen hypervisor. It is a mature codebase, widely used in data centres, from small companies right up to the largest cloud providers.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to work with cutting-edge and innovative technologies including Xenserver. The successful candidate could either work in the Toolstack team, the part of the code that manages storage, networking and virtual machines running on clusters of physical hosts or in the Performance team, which investigates and improves performance and scalability across the whole of XenServer. In either case, the successful Software Engineer will be expected to work closely with other teams that manage Storage, Windows virtual machines, lower-level components such as the kernel, and the user interface and can expect to have the opportunity to act as technical lead for multi-person, cross-team investigations and feature development.
All codes are open source (at xenserver.org), and we follow an agile development methodology. Our developers interact with customers, partners and with the open source community.
• Software development, including design, estimation, testing and coding
• Day-to-day issue triage and code maintenance
• Input into future product requirements for XenServer
• Working as part of a self-organising team, and providing daily updates of own work, within an agile framework
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's or higher degree, preferably in software engineering or computer science.
• Strong background and experience in software development using programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
• Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux.
• A passion for excellence in terms of performance, reliability and usability, as well as functional correctness.
• Use of software engineering best practices such as code maintainability, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration.
In addition, experience in the following areas would be valuable:
• Server virtualisation in general, and Xen or XenServer in particular
• Datacentre-sized deployments
• Cloud infrastructure
• Scrum or other agile development practices
• Open-source development processes, and interaction with open source communities
• Knowledge of different types of programming languages, such as procedural languages (e.g., C, C++, C# or Java); scripting languages (e.g., Python); and functional languages (e.g., OCaml, ML, F# or Haskell).
Please contact us if you are interested in being considered for this role.
- 2 years ago - save job