TS&D SCU is a business unit, responsible for defining, manufacturing and delivery of Transmissions Structures and Drives sub-systems. These sub-systems include a diverse range of components from gear shafts to large complex cast structures.
A busy programme of work to gain a competitive edge in the next generation of civil aircraft engines has created the requirement for a Product Definition Checker in the engineering function based in Derby.
Responsibilities & Tasks
To carry out Product Definition activities within an area of a project and ensure that the technical and safety integrity of the design is maintained and that the Company and Project procedures are adhered to.
As a Product Definition Checker you will be expected to check component models and detail drawings in line with company practices to meet design intent, satisfying fit, form and function of the component whilst optimising manufacture. You will have ownership of packages of work assigned. You will also assist in developing and implementing new PLM methods and practices and also produce tolerance stacks and layouts to assist in investigating concessions and drawing alterations.
- To ensure that the work allocated is completed in compliance with Line Managers requirements
- To ensure that the inter-discipline aspects of the component definition group are addressed
- To ensure drawings are produced in a timely manner to agreed plans complying with the product definition process adhering to the Engineering Design Standards and Specifications document.
- To coach less experienced members within the team to assist with their development and career aspirations
Rolls-Royce is a global business providing power systems for use on land, at sea and in the air. The Group has a balanced business portfolio with leading positions in the civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets. We invest in technology and capabilities that can be applied to products and services in each of the global markets we serve.
- The preparation of drawings and or modelling related to discipline in accordance with the agreed work scope, man-hours and schedule
- The carrying out of Single Discipline checking of Product Definition Engineers work in accordance with the Company / Project procedures
- The running and controlling of Onshore or Offshore modelling/detailing work packages, as required, assisting in the initial work scope definition or the development of the product definition in accordance with the Company / Project procedures.
- Produce and check tolerance stacks to aid fit, form and function of the part adhering to engineering drawing practise.
Qualifications and experience
You will be Degree qualified in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering (or possess suitable experience in lieu of a degree). You will also have significant and appropriate engineering experience in conceptual and detail design of aircraft primary structures or experience from similar industries.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes/experience:
You will be a team worker with the ability to effectively manage yourself and colleagues
- Leadership of packages of work both design and component definition
- Produce complex tolerance stacks
- Design integration
- Design for manufacture
- Training and experience in the use of CAD
- Professional in approach and performance
- Strong communication skills and commercial awareness
You will hold or have held product definition checker status
Ideally you will be trained in the use of Siemens NX2, 4 or 6. If not then training will be provided.
In return, we offer excellent development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organisation.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the absence of any candidate from outside the EEA possessing immigration status which allows them to live and work in the UK, Rolls-Royce will consider sponsorship under Tier 2 of the Points Based System. Sponsorship is subject to all the appropriate criteria (as specified by the UK Border Agency) being satisfied.
Should Rolls-Royce choose to sponsor a candidate who is outside of the UK then please note that it will be necessary for Rolls-Royce to make an application for a certificate of sponsorship from the UK Border Agency. Rolls-Royce cannot offer any guarantee that such a request will be successful.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Rolls-Royce plc are an equal opportunities employer.
Rolls-Royce - 13 months ago
Rolls-Royce Group plc (LSE: RR.) is a British multinational power systems company headquartered in the City of Westminster, London, United K...