This is an interesting and unique opportunity to help support an elderly lady in Saltford near Bristol.
- Check on Mum several times a day to ensure she is safe and comfortable.
- Cook a main meal to share with her and clear up afterwards. You are also welcome to share breakfast and lunch but this isn't essential.
- Spend at least 2 hours each day at 2 or 3 different times during the day conversing with her.
- Complete simple household tasks such as changing bed linen, hanging washing, filling & emptying the dishwasher.
- Be available to Mum when she is engaged in potentially tricky activities, eg, showering, walking outside. (She doesn't need personal care, just a watchful eye and somebody within shouting distance)
- Walk the dog daily. She is a small West Highland White terrier with a sweet nature.
- Carry out any reasonable request Mum might have.
A recent CRB (vulnerable adults) disclosure certificate
Evidence of right to work if of non-British or EU origin
Ability to converse, read & write in English
Ability to live-in
Experience of working within the caring professions
Interest in working with elderly people
Ability to work unsupervised
Willingness to be flexible over work schedules
Cheerful and willing disposition
At present we employ a cleaner and a gardener to take care of the large house and garden. If you wish, you could take over these tasks. We would of course, pay you additional remuneration for this.
If you have a caring nature and like good company, please click on the apply now button below or send an SAE to 44a Westlands Lane, Beanacre, Melksham. SN12 7QE for more information.
Jobsite UK - 20 months ago