We have an exciting opportunity for a Petrophysicist to join our team.
Shell UK is responsible for a wide range of oil and gas assets offering exciting challenges to the selected candidate in maturing the full spectrum of the hydrocarbon resource ranging from exploration and appraisal (green) to brown field and abandonment activities across all reservoir types and ages. As a consequence the selected candidate will be expected to work and provide a valuable contribution to, as well gaining experience in, the challenges that this broad spectrum offers.
Ours is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research and the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
As an asset Petrophysicist in Shell UK you will have an excellent opportunity to work in an integrated and dynamic environment in a multi-disciplinary team. You will be responsible for providing petrophysical characterisation of the reservoir and overburden, provide operational support and play a critical role in planning and execution of field development opportunities, Well and Reservoir Surveillance as well as field abandonment.
High level accountabilities will include:
Representing Shell UK with our Co-Venturers, Government and service industries as well as working with our other Shell Group operating units and R&D centers.
- Performing quality petrophysical evaluations (including core analysis and calibration of log data) and the subsequent contribution to the building of quality static and dynamic reservoir models followed by the identification of new opportunities with the asset team.
- Coaching and mentoring of less experience staff in addition to QA/QC of Petrophysical products generated by other asset Petrophysicists.
- Helping plan field appraisal and developments followed by their execution and management of the associated operations and associated delivery of the data acquisition plans.
The successful candidate will hold a university degree in sciences , Petroleum Engineering or equivalent, with relevant prior petrophysical work experience. We’ll expect you to have a demonstrable ability in open and cased hole well operations , standard and specialist log interpretation and reservoir modeling studies .
You will be a good verbal and written communicator with excellent inter-personal and team skills. A demonstrable commitment to HSE and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team.
In addition, as the successful candidate, you will have most of the experience in the following areas:
Special challenges: We accept that you may not have all of the skills above, however if you are the right candidate we will work with you to ensure you get every opportunity and the training needed to fulfill this role.
- Open hole log acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Production and cased hole log analysis and interpretation for reservoir surveillance/management
- 3D geological modeling and upscaling of rock and fluid properties
- Proven ability in QA/QC of the rock and fluid properties from pore to reservoir scale
- Core analysis and interpretation: Both conventional and special core analysis
- Saturation Height Modeling: Log and core-based methods
- Permeability Prediction
- Seismic rock properties analysis
Application Deadline :
Tuesday 12 February 2013
Number of Vacancies :
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 13 months ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...