Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company that provides engineering and construction services, technology, products and field-life solutions for the oil & gas industry. Aker Solutions currently has 18 000 people working worldwide.
Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Aker Offshore Partner Ltd based in Aberdeen, have excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the engineering, construction, maintenance, modification and operations market.
We are currnetly seeking to appoint a Great Yarmouth based Engineering Manager for our business in the Southern North Sea
Responsibilities and tasks
Objectives / Scope
- Assure excellence in engineering delivery.
- Ensure implementation of management processes, PEM and AKiMS.
- Develop and deliver engineering best practice.
- Identify, develop, maintain and improve procedures.
- Deliver Aker Solutions Values and Leadership approach.
HSE&Q Expectations & Behaviours
- Responsible for the overall delivery of engineering activities in accordance with the Contract and AOPL standards and procedures.
- Support of the projects being executed by the Project Manager/Engineers, both technically and resource wise.
- Report to the Project Manager all critical and important items and highlight key issues.
- In consultation with the Project Lead Engineers and Project Resources Manager, assist with recruitment of competent engineering resources in support of the project
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the engineering resources in accordance with the Contract.
- Responsible for the allocation of competent engineering resources to the Project.
- Ensure consistent use of Corporate and, where applicable, Contract systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the Health, Safety Environment and (HSE) aspects are thoroughly considered, planned, implemented and followed up for engineering activities.
- Ensure commercial awareness in the Engineering Team.
Qualifications & personal attributes
- Ensure familiarity with Aker Solutions’ HSEQ Policies, Principles, Just Care™, HSE Mindset, Just Rules, Just Culture and HSE Operating System
- Actively promote, through your personal commitment, Aker Solutions’ HSEQ Policies, Principles, Just Care™, HSE Mindset, Just Rules, Just Culture and HSE Operating system
- Be seen as a role model on HSE matters within your areas of operation and influence
- Demonstrate HSE leadership of HSEQ Policies, Principles, Just Care™, HSE Mindset, Just Rules, Just Culture and HSE Operating system
- Take personal responsibility for HSE local site rules and ensure regular review of your personal HSE agreement
- Intervene and ensure intervention by others where required
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with Procedures
- Keep abreast of industry developments and innovations that may affect safety and welfare of personnel or protection of the environment, and inform colleagues accordingly
- Embed Just Rules consistently and thoroughly
- Ensure consistent application of Just Culture Standard in your area of operation and influence
Specific Training / Specialist Skills
- Educated to Degree level.
- Full professional membership and able to demonstrate continuing professional development.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Fellow of relevant Engineering Institute.
- Previous experience of Managing an Engineering function on a Major Project or within major organisation.
- Previous experience of contributing towards Engineering and Company Strategy.
- In depth understanding of the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
- Post Graduate Leadership Training.
- Post Graduate Management Training.
- Experience within a similar environment / industry.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of latest relevant technical developments within the industry.
- Knowledge of and commitment to planning and cost control
Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to work on own initiative; self motivated, willingness to learn and adapt.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with external clients / customers.
- Proactive, flexible and decisive, ability to be innovative and challenging in line with Company Values.
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future •An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues •Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions - 11 months ago
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The busi...