A Mechanical Design Engineer Vacancy has arisen with Eurocopter in Kidlington, Oxfordshire. The successful applicant will be providing design expertise on high profile programmes. This is a technical role in an expanding design office within Eurocopter UK Tasks
The main activities of the role are:
- Developing cost effective design solutions to requirements placed on the design office
- Undertaking mechanical design i.a.w. the design office procedures as directed
- Undertaking mechanical design, reporting or documentation tasks associated with a work package and to comply with the certification, airworthiness and environmental protection requirements as listed in the Certification Plan for the modification.
- Providing design support to existing solutions in operation
- System investigation and bid compilation
- Act as deputy to the Principal Mechanical Design Engineer in his absence
- Develop own personal technical competence
- Keeping up to date with changes to applicable regulatory authority legislation
- Keeping up to date with new technological advances
- Supporting the departments objectives
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years industry related experience in mechanical design at the implementation level
- Minimum of 5 year aerospace experience and an equipment integration level
- CVE experience
- Practical Design/drawing office experience (Autocad LT an advantage)
- Experience of mechanical design for rotorcraft an advantage
- A proven track record of technical knowledge.
- Understanding of European, National and international regulatory authorities and Military standards and codes of practice and procedures
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skill; written and verbal
- Ability to communicate with customers, suppliers and internally at all levels
- Commercially aware
- Team player
- Drive, ambition and commitment to grow with the department expansion
EADS Recruitment Centre
Applications should be made via the EADS website.
NB: all engineering roles within the EADS group are advertised for a minimum of one month to ensure maximum visibility to potential candidates. However, if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are working towards providing equal opportunities and becoming a benchmark diversity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to EADS using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by EADS.
EADS - 2 years ago
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related servi...