Make your Name at Marston’s
Head Chef & Line Chefs
New Build Opportunity - Opening Spring 2013
Old Colliery, Shawfair Business Park, Shawfair, Edinburgh, EH22 1ED
This pub operates under our Milestone Rotisserie format which is proving to be increasingly popular with our customers. It offers an extensive pub restaurant menu with all of the usual favourites, alongside a fresh chicken rotisserie offering mouth-watering, spit roasted chicken throughout the day. It is a high volume, food-led outlet with a focus on family friendly values. Catering to a large variety of tastes and preferences, whilst keeping an emphasis on service and quality makes this pub a popular choice with locals and visitors alike.
The Ideal Candidate
As an experienced and talented chef, with a flair for presentation and a stickler for quality, you’ll know all there is to know about running a busy kitchen in similar high volume food led business. From online ordering and controlling stock, through portion and wastage control, to a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene, as well as managing and developing the team - your contribution will certainly count.
Marston’s Inns & Taverns
With over 500 Inns and taverns, we are already one of the UK’s leading retail pub companies, operating a varied managed house estate - but our story doesn’t end here. As the country’s largest builder of new pubs….there’s still lots more to come. Our unrivalled development programme will see us open another 135 brand new food pubs over the next 5 years, whilst at the same time we are continuing to invest extensively in the upgrade of our community estate.
The Benefits & Rewards
As a Chef at Marston’s, you will be able to take advantage of our brand new Chef Development Programme, which is designed to help every member of the kitchen team develop their skills.
At Marston’s we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst
- From kitchen entry level, right through to Head Chefs or anywhere in between - the programme can help develop your knowledge and skills at all levels.
- A blend of onsite training, practical kitchen sessions and self-learning.
- Areas covered include health, safety and food hygiene, preparation skills, essential cooking processes and procedures, communication and cook line skills.
- 3 Levels to the programme: Line Chef, 2nd Chef and Head Chef.
- High Street Reward Vouchers available upon completion.
fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Head Chef who can add to our growing
reputation for serving top quality food & drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
*After qualifying period
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun & friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) & 50% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension & save as you earn schemes*
reed.co.uk - 8 months ago